adjusting graphics memory

Discussion in 'Asus' started by deepak, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deepak

deepak Scribbler - Standard Member

hey, can anyone please tell me how to adjust the amount of graphic memory for the intel GMA 950 in the R1F. Thanks.

2. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

If this can be done, it is done via the BIOS. Access the BIOS and change the extended memory...you probably have 16, 32, 64, and 128 MB options.

3. deepak

deepak Scribbler - Standard Member

thanks Gautam. your right only if it can be done, and it can be done in certain BIOS only, not all of them give that option (maybe because of BIOS or because of the type of graphics card). unfortunately it cannot be done on the R1F.

i did some seraching and found out that in the case of GMA 950 (and most other shared graphic cards), the graphic memory is allocated dynamically, as demand fluctuates. the bios only sets the maximum that your card can use (if it gives the option). in the case os R1F the max is 224 and min is 8.

i bought battlefield 2 that day and was trying to play it, but it wouldn't play. thats why i was concerned. it turned out that the GMA is not enough to play it, it doesn't support hardware transformation and lighting. damn.:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.