Adding a Galaxy Note

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by Rigel, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rigel

Rigel Scribbler - Standard Member

I use my surface pro for notes at school and doing some light coding etc. I also have a full PC at home. I am considering replacing my aging galaxy nexus with a Note 3. I would like to be able to still mark up PDF's and my one note files from school on the Note. Is this possible? Do you have any opinions on the note3? I know that my bamboo stylus will work on the note. Is there any hint of a windows phablet similar to the note 3? I was excited that Nokia got bought by Microsoft.

2. hitman

hitman Scribbler - Standard Member

Does this mean that you don't like the Surface for note taking?

3. klachowski

klachowski Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't used a note 3 but as far as I have heard it is pretty much just a faster more powerful note 2 with a slightly larger screen and I do have a note 2. I have found it to be very usable to get homework done and class reading and such, which includes reading PDFs. I don't annotate PDFs, but I don't think it would be a problem. Any program you used on your nexus to do this should work fine if not better. I probably wouldn't use the bamboo pen because although the screen is large for a phone I find that covering what you are looking at is fairly easy even when using the S pen that the phone comes with. I've tried it for kicks with some of my other wacom pens and always found I preferred the standard pen while using the note 2. Also the calibration seems to be of when switching to a different pen.

4. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

The note wont be able to ink in OneNote. PDF's should be ok though.

5. Rigel

Rigel Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks I love my surface. But there are times when I just have my phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.