Adding 128GB of Flash to the Venue 8 Pro

Discussion in 'Dell' started by V3D, Jan 10, 2014.

1. RazzNuts

RazzNuts Scribbler - Standard Member

By all means, take the challenge! :D

pr3s likes this.
  2. V3D

V3D Scribbler - Standard Member

If someone wants to donate the $9 I'll do it :D
    edit: It might be around $12 total because I might need to order a few other little parts to get it working right. :p

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  3. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Need your paypal for sendind the money (PM).

Would you implement QI?
    You could use some of the QI mats for a phone or something and that would be something.

4. infin

infin Pen Pal - Newbie

5. MrPendent

MrPendent Pen Pal - Newbie

Now, you see what happens? I go reading V3D's posts, get all full of myself and try to mod my V8P. Next thing you know, I have broken it.

Must resist urge...must resist urge....

6. V3D

That should work or this,
    Qi Standard Wireless Charging Receiver Coil for Samsung Galaxy Note III 3 Black | eBay

If anyone does wants to help support my time, research, & experimentation on this tablet, I have a paypal donate button on the front of my website Visual 3D Technology - 3D Animation
    Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    infin likes this.
  7. infin

infin Pen Pal - Newbie

Probably should start a new thread for QI charging. I also have a charging pad at home to play with. Just trying to decide what is the best option to connect the coil to the venue. I wonder if putting like a 1.5K resistor permanently inside the venue on the charging port data line would be any issue, that way you dont have to toggle any switches to charge. Another idea would be to use the 5v that comes off the coil to trigger some timed switch to close the data lines just to kick it in charging mode.

Also if someone really wanted GPS they could do the USB mod and put this in place of a memory stick.
    http://www.amazon.com/GlobalSat-ND-...e=UTF8&qid=1392222302&sr=8-3&keywords=usb+gps

8. V3D

Because there are 2 known accessible unused internal USB 2.0 connections on the tablet you could add a flash drive & GPS if you can find a way to fit both in the tablet.

9. infin

infin Pen Pal - Newbie

Just another thought on the QI charging. you can just hook the coil to the existing usb charge port and buy one of these micro usb plugs and short the data lines and just leave it in on the side. Dont use the housing so it will only be a few MM sticking out, that way you can remove it and use the other charger or a usb device.
    $_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-sets-DIY...77?pt=Camera_Cables_Cords&hash=item1e8702ac85

10. V3D

My idea was to use a magnetic reed switch connected with a 1.5k resistor across the data pins, that way you just need a small magnet in or next to the charging pad to have it start charging & the USB port is still open for other uses if needed.

Having the 1.5k resistor always connected might cause a issue when you connect a OTG cable & the tablet starts outputting 5v while still wanting to charge.