Adding 128GB of Flash to the Venue 8 Pro

Discussion in 'Dell' started by V3D, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkOrPn

SkOrPn Pen Pal - Newbie

Well here soon you will have Windows 10 and Cortana to keep you calm, lol... Nice work

2. Joshua A Gray

Joshua A Gray Pen Pal - Newbie

Idk. Not really enjoying the reviews and videos I'm seeing. Cortana is worthless if she doesn't look like herself...
    [​IMG]

Haha. I'm happy tho. Now I need to go back page by page to find out how to make the drives non removable.

3. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Nice USB hub there--like its thinness. What type is it? And is it USB OTG (or does it need to be--did your interior mod negate that need)?

And so, you added a USB port to the side of the tablet (where the USB hub seems to be connected to)?

4. Joshua A Gray

Hub connected to usb port. Micro is only for charging.
    Its belkin slim aluminum

5. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Cool, thanks--

6. Joshua A Gray

OK. I'm a little lost on how to convert the flash drive to a non removable drive. Not sure which files were bad

7. Aboshi

Aboshi Pen Pal - Newbie

Nice work ;)
    Hopefully the new 5v spot made your life easier as well ;)
    I finally have dell sending me a refurb unit today.
    I sent my old one back 3 times, but they tried to scam me because they think they are smart...
    They would literally put my unit back in a box and ship it back to me saying they changed motherboard, battery, and other. Total BS as I mark everything that I send back to detect fraud. Long story shot if you ever need to do a warranty return just zap the board so its unusable so they have no choice to replace the unit...

I just cant wait to get back to work in Zbursh ;)

8. Joshua A Gray

They didn't notice any soldering mess? It was OK. The other spot is easy too. Just jump over to the larger tab for support. But I'm glad I got mu wiring clean. I hate ugly wiring. Even tho you can't see it, I know its there.

9. Aboshi

Aboshi Pen Pal - Newbie

I cleaned up the board nicely and used solder wick to remove all solder, and than juts put a small beed on there to make it look nice. The techs don't do anything and I HIGHLY doubt they look at anything closely. They opened the back and cracked the case, most like just closed it again. Plugged in the power cable to see if the unit charged and put it back in the box and shipped it back to me. This happened 3 times and I went kinda crazy on the manager at india tech support (cant stand calling them) so after hours of my life wasted I threatened them with calling the AG and consumer affairs. I told them I mark all my devices and that I now have proof that they are lying as I have pics of before and after. Also having their return paperwork stating they changed everything which was clearly a lie, they caved and issued me a unit immediately. I should more than likely have it today because they overnight everything. What is so stupid is that they spent more $ in shipping than the unit is even worth...

10. Joshua A Gray

Lol. I just swapped motherboards from another one. Found someone not interested in these mods that hardly uses their tablet let me do it. Told them its all good except you can only have one internal flash drive if you wanted to modify it. Got the new motherboard in and started the mod.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.