Adding 128GB of Flash to the Venue 8 Pro

Discussion in 'Dell' started by V3D, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joshua A Gray

Joshua A Gray Pen Pal - Newbie

That's prob what I'll do when I get my new mobo. Short wire connecting the pads together so its not so easy to destroy. What about the two tabs right above the data tabs? Dead? I really hate having to spend so much on another motherboard over a stupid error.

2. V3D

V3D Scribbler - Standard Member

What data tabs are you talking about? If your talking about the ones next to the m.2 slot, they go to the m.2 slot tabs. That is why I jumped a wire between them.
    Why can't you use the USB data tabs by CON7001?

3. Joshua A Gray

wait. They actually are active. The m2 slot USB tabs? Or your saying you just jumped a wire to them. I used the con7001 for the full size USB port. I did that one first. Then went onto the flash drive and that's when crap hit the fan. Got a perfect solder but radio waves pushed the wire over and broke the tab. I tried to fix it. Thought i had it but prob just made it work. We have been asking if the M2 USB data tabs were active. Please confirm. If so I'm yanking my car apart now

4. V3D

V3D Scribbler - Standard Member

The 4 tabs next to the m.2 slot are for the USB connection to the m.2 slot. Normally if the m.2 slot was installed those tabs would be connected together completing the connection to the m.2 slot tabs. since you ripped one of the tabs off you can't really make a reliable connection there. You could probe around the board & try to trace it back to see if there are any other places you could maybe connect to it at.

5. Armen

Armen Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello
    Someone know where is pins serial port on PCB
    Thanks

6. arif

arif Pen Pal - Newbie

i tried this in my tablet. it is not working it gives error ''device descriptor request failed''

7. Joshua A Gray

V3D. Question. You jumped the wire from the bottom d- to the m2... What about the 2 tabs above the D- and D- .... Are they dead? I'm picking up a new motherboard and wanna make them as strong as possible so I can have both my 128gb and USB. So I was thinking of jumping up to the next 2 tabs and then to the m2 data tabs. And soldering to the m2 data tabs.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  8. Joshua A Gray

Try it on otg or any other PC. There should be no reason when wired right. I have a full size USB port and its working flawless... Double Check your data pins.

9. Aboshi

Aboshi Pen Pal - Newbie

@Joshua A Gray
    Not true I was having that exact issue with usb 3.0 drives.

Good news though everyone, I have found a much easier 5v point :p
    I have also found another very nice spot to mount the usb flash drive.
    I will take some close up shots with my good camera in a bit for all of you and hopefully make your life much easier than trying to solder to a pin sized dot for 5v.

If any of you need someone to do this mod just send me a PM.
    I can do same day turnaround ;)

10. Joshua A Gray

You can shove like 3 decent sized flash drives in the spot were doing. And how is it not true? I'm not having any issues. Lots of others aren't. I have to say its wiring or a problem with the flash drive. I'm now using like 5 devices on a powered hub. No issues yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.