Active digitizer on Toshiba Encore 2 WT8-B (Encore 2 Write)

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Giacomo UCDS, Sep 10, 2014.

1. jvloyola

jvloyola Scribbler - Standard Member

I've had mine for over two months now. Still using the original battery, and I'm having no problems whatsoever... other than having a crooker tip because I dropped the pen and it landed ove the tip.

But even with a crooked tip it still works pretty much perfectly.

Have you checked the battery voltaje? Try with a fresh battery first to see if that fixes your problem

My .02

Vinny

2. wataru

wataru Scribbler - Standard Member

I did say my battery is at 1.5V, full voltage... I may try a new battery whatsoever.

3. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, mine arrived today, still trying it out / getting used to it / setting it up.

Big improvement over my AVTN8, but I’m not finding the hover distance to be what I’d want — anything to be done for that? New driver maybe? Does it vary from pen to pen?

The other question is how to make right-click work while hovering?

4. AquaHelix

AquaHelix Pen Pal - Newbie

As for the pen stop working issue - happened to me once. What seems to happen is since the battery cap is on the top attached to the clip stuck inside the tablet, every time I pull the pen out there is a chance the battery cap will get a little unscrewed until at some point contact is lost.

WillAdams likes this.
  5. internalaudit

internalaudit Pen Pal - Newbie

Can we use an Anker battery pack such as this to extend the battery life of the 8 or 10" when on the go?

http://www.ianker.com/product/79AN13K2-BA

It seems the charger is rated at 5V 2A and I know this Anker should be able to output 2A.

Many thanks in advance.

6. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

I have a 15600mAh Limeade rated 5v/2.1A that has successfully worked on my Encore 8"

internalaudit likes this.
  7. wataru

wataru Scribbler - Standard Member

I revert my word. The battery has been strong even without the pen cap. I have been using the pen heavily without cap for several months. So the pen cap is simply a protection and has nothing to do with battery preserving. I am now really amazed at Wacom's first gen product. Will see how it goes by the year end.

8. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

Have any of my fellow Encore 2 users committed the Windows 10 upgrade on the device?

I'm tempted but this device is so remarkably stable and I have all my tweaks and utilities dialed in.

9. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I have, but I'm forced to admit that I haven't really used it yet, just checked that the upgrade worked.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

Precurve likes this.
  10. Robby-D

Robby-D Pen Pal - Newbie

I have. Process was very smooth, no hiccups. There are a few enhancements around better pen support (particularly in the new Edge browser, and OneNote is "improved" meaning it looks better and has a few new bugs). It did take me a bit to get used to the new interface (am still not completely so); Win10 is a bit of a step back IMHO around touch-only devices and re-focuses on keyboards and mice. I'm definitely not going back though, I've always found it's best to embrace new Windows OS's, and as an odd-number upgrade (in the vein of Win 3, 98, XP and 7 vs. 95, ME and Vista which were even numbers) it has history on its side.

I'll post again once I've had more of a chance to use it, have barely touched it so far this summer. If you're happy with Win 8.1 and don't have a compelling reason you've found to go do Win10, I'd probably recommend a "wait and see" approach, and only upgrade once there's a really solid and documented process to put 8.1 back if you need to.

Precurve likes this.