Active digitizer on Toshiba Encore 2 WT8-B (Encore 2 Write)

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Giacomo UCDS, Sep 10, 2014.

1. yéyé

yéyé Pen Pal - Newbie

2. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

I took my Encore 8 write and no other computer or tablet on a business trip to China last week. It rocked as an entertainment, sketch, note device, and ebook reader on the 15 hour flights. At the hotel I used a bluetooth mouse and keyboard to make adjustments to my meeting notes and PPTs. I used the Microsoft miracast wireless video adapter to connect to an HD screen for presentation and I used the USB Data + Charging cable to connect a full sized USB stick for a slideshow remote.

Used Express VPN to get reasonably safe connection.

The device is road worthy and easy to carry

3. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the positive report!

I’ve pretty much decided to get one once I break down and buy a new device again, unless something else shows up before then.

4. jvloyola

jvloyola Scribbler - Standard Member

I have used mine in a couple of trips, this little tablet positively rocks! Here you can see my setup in the airport lounge:
    uploadfromtaptalk1430345774289.jpg

Vinny

Precurve likes this.
  5. yéyé

yéyé Pen Pal - Newbie

I was wondering: does the official cover let the speaker on the back uncovered ?

6. jvloyola

I'm not using the official cover but one I got from Amazon. Here are some pictures of it:

uploadfromtaptalk1430347774198.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1430347787146.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1430347911548.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1430347922413.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1430347935687.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1430347950660.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1430347965913.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1430347979919.jpg

If you are interested I can look for the amazon link tonight

Vinny

7. yéyé

yéyé Pen Pal - Newbie

For me no thanks, I still have to decide if I buy this tablet first. I was dreaming of this but with flash for the camera and a screen good enough to read ebook all day long (is this resolution enough high ? reviewer always point out that characters are pixelised). Then it is not available in Europe yet and Cherry Trail are coming soon. Definitely sold to an 8' pen form factor and all his usage possibility.

For others it is valuable. It look like it's a coffee proof back cover, the speaker seems to be cover by a thin an transparent foil like the camera. Pretty tick back though, a bit oversized compare to the front cover (is there a liquid inside to put the tablet on his back first if it fail ?;) I heard that the official cover is a bit lossy and I was curious how the back look like with the speakers. Nice detailed pictures of this one !

8. NotBatman

NotBatman Pen Pal - Newbie

jvloyola, does that case have a magnet for closing, and is there room for the pen to come in without mods? I'd be interested in knowing which case that is.

I think I may be going with this tablet, after a very long delibration. The surface 3 doesn't seem to have as good a stylus, and the price makes me want to compare it with ultrabooks rather than tablets.

9. jvloyola

Yes it does have a magnet for closing the lid.

But you do have to cut away a little of plastic to get the pen to slide in, very little but still a mod needed.

This is the case i bought;

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00RT3SJEA

Vinny

internalaudit, WillAdams and Precurve like this.
  10. wataru

wataru Scribbler - Standard Member

My TruPen sometimes fails to work completely, no pointer, no ink, as if no power. I have to re-plug the battery to make it work again. This kind of failure occurs more frequently recently. This reminds me of the corrosive problem plaguing early Synaptics pens. The battery is full at 1.5V, but the pen just stops working all of a sudden, and comes back to life in an intermittent manner until I re-plug the battery.

I guess that's the pain for early adopters of the new Wacom tech. I may contact for a replacement of the pen.