Acer Switch 7

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by dstrauss, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Minchi

Minchi Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah it is quite unfortunate. I picked up a notebook 9 pro (it's what I'm trying right now) and it's a bit too clunky and big for drawing with any mobility, and my specific one has a dead pixel, so I will be returning it. The S pen is nice, and the experience would probably be better with a more sizable pen but the experience is not amazing. Also I never realized how important the screen size to res relation is. Notebook 9 pro isn't bad, but it's actually glaring the pixel density vs size when drawing; it's just grainy. The more dense smaller screened tablets like the iPad and surface are way more enjoyable to look at and draw on due to this, so I think I'm going to shoot for lower than the Switch in the end. The Miix 720 seems pretty good, with what I believe is AES 2.0 on the new pen it should be about as good as EMR, and the the thunderbolt port may be helpful. It's not absolutely ideal at 7th gen lowend (8gb) but the aspects around it seem good, I just can't really find many people talking about it. Honestly else than it I can't really think of any significant alternatives. Galaxy Book 2 seems too weak, and this seems a bit too big. Really all this looking around makes me with the iPad Pro was a windows machine :(, although that would obviously make it run terribly.

2. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

FYI, the current Samsung Tab S3, S4, Chromebook Plus/Pro, Acer Chromebook Spin 13 all have EMR too....

3. NeedsLoomis

NeedsLoomis Pen Pal - Newbie

Those are all android and chromebook tablets.

Yea, I hear ya. Its a good device, but ARM running a mobile OS just isn't the same. It is looking better now that ClipStudio has a full version for iOS though, and once Photoshop does the same I'll probably pick one up, but it's still tricky to use one as a primary work device.

I was also tempted by the new Whiskey Lake Spectre x360 13". If you don't mind integrated video and N-Trig, looks like a solid choice for a small form factor.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  4. sitoudien

sitoudien Pen Pal - Newbie

CES 2019 is around the corner. Do you think Acer will update the 7. Acer has no confidence in this product. Should have been a surface killer. I really wanted one. But the battery and extreme price killed it.

CreateNowSleepLater likes this.
  5. CreateNowSleepLater

CreateNowSleepLater Pen Pal - Newbie

I dont know, I mean they just got this model out. It's not like its under spec'd really. Just overpriced.