Acer Switch 7

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by dstrauss, Aug 30, 2017.

1. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

:rolleyes:

2. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

This T901 user disagrees.

But man, what a shame about the Switch 7. No wonder they never really released it, if it was working that badly.

3. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not much of a point in releasing a new machine with a stylus when companies are locking down their machines at a previous build of Windows and disabling updates so as to maintain functionality:

https://pocketnow.com/hp-zbook-x2-g4-dreamcolor-review

We really need to get Microsoft to acknowledge that their new user interface isn't workable for some folks and legacy applications and provide an option to disable the interpretation of the stylus as touch, and force it to being accepted as a mouse:

https://github.com/TheJoeFin/Windows10-Community/issues/17

I'd probably update if someone (say the Tablet Pro folks), could work up an option to toggle the behavior.

dstrauss likes this.
  4. fuzzybabybunny

fuzzybabybunny Pen Pal - Newbie

So I guess there's still no info on when it'll be released in the USA? Is it because the thing just doesn't run very well?

I'm not sure what people are expecting with the Liquid Loop thing. It's not a new idea - it basically makes it more efficient to transport heat away from the GPU and CPU... but then you have to DO SOMETHING with that heat. Right now the Liquid Loop seems to just be moving heat away from the GPU and CPU and dumping it into the chassis. If you don't actively cool the chassis, the heat will just build up in the chassis and have no way out other than through radiation.

5. sitoudien

sitoudien Pen Pal - Newbie

I'v holding out for the switch 7. I really want that big screen. There is the lenovo x1 and HP elite :x2. Is there any thing else with a 3:2 big screen.

6. MacrosTheBlack007

MacrosTheBlack007 Scribbler - Standard Member

Looks like it’s dead. Small release in a few random countries and that’ll be about it :(

7. Jellypyu

Jellypyu Pen Pal - Newbie

Korean buyers say this product is not very good.
    maybe, because of fn key issue , Low performance version mx150, 2 hours battery life
    they tried to contact Acer officials but ignored it.
    but they said pen is good, but you can't use pen's button

*fn key issue : if you want input F1~F12 , you have to press key with fn key
    If you do not do this, you will press monitor brightness, volume control, sleep mode and so on.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  8. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

On some machines you can usually toggle that Fn-key function by pressing Ctrl-Fn or Shift-Fn (provided it doesn't have a dedicated shift capability) after that you can just press the Fn-1 thru 12 keys and if you do it together with the Fn key you get the sound and brightness functions. Might be worth a little testing.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

dstrauss likes this.
  9. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Good point Kuma, but it misses the real problem - first you have to FIND an Acer Switch 7 keyboard...

Kumabjorn likes this.
  10. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Apparently they are more easily available in Taiwan and Korea. Let's face it, we are being left behind.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk