Acer Switch 7

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by dstrauss, Aug 30, 2017.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I keep seeing adds in Germany for 1-2 day delivery (for about a week now) but no sightings in the wild, unboxings, or even a hint that they are really out there.

Jeder in Deutschland kümmert sich um einen Kommentar?

(Pardon my fractured German - three years of high school German and Google Translate DO NOT EQUAL the real thing).

MacrosTheBlack007 likes this.
  2. fuglee

fuglee Pen Pal - Newbie

Long time lurker, first time poster. I, too, have been eyeing the Switch 7 since it was first shown. I am guessing Acer was overly ambitious in making something they can't deliver. Perhaps they should just update the 12" Switch 5 with Intel 8th gen and Iris graphics. Of course, switch (pun) to Wacom EMR. I think that is a feasiable upgrade in that will satisfy most people's needs for a device this size.

3. dstrauss

Someone wake me if Acer ever does anything with this...I'm blissfully enjoying my GB 12 Big (8gb/256gb model).

WillAdams likes this.
  4. MacrosTheBlack007

MacrosTheBlack007 Scribbler - Standard Member

Marty and stormi like this.
  5. dstrauss

I really liked the "Walcom EMR smart pen" - probably should blame that on Google Translate. The image gallery at the bottom of the page has much better pictures of the ports and sides - makes you almost believe there is such a thing as the Acer Switch 7...

6. MacrosTheBlack007

we just need someone to bite the bullet and buy one of those German models ;)

7. dstrauss

[​IMG]

Bronsky, stormi, Cheezzypoo and 2 others like this.
  8. dstrauss

@MacrosTheBlack007 - is it just me, or does this really feel like the Acer Switch 7 is vaporware? Here we are nearly six months from announcement and nothing released; no sightings in the wild; no follow up reports - not even more release rumors.

9. MacrosTheBlack007

Agreed. It was first supposed to launch in the U.S. in December. Radio silence. Then we hear January. More radio silence. Now its seemingly available from random stores in Germany at above retail pricing but still no real sign that it's actually been released.

I'm assuming that the combo dedicated graphics card and heat pipe solution is just a general no go and it's a throttling mess with 3 hours of battery life.

I was able to snag a open-box 2017 Surface Pro i7 from Worst Buy for $1,150 (tax included) over the weekend. I'll see how it goes within my 45 day return window. Maybe the Switch 7 will release and actually work as advertised.

I'm still curious how the mysterious VOYO i7 Plus tablet w/ mx150 graphics will turn out. According to Geekbuying, it'll ship in March.

10. dstrauss

It was open box Presidents day at our Worst Buy (and no, I'm no longer on the banned book list), but I passed up on a Surface Pro and on a great eBay buy on a SB with performance base...the honeymoon continues with my signature toy!

I have noticed, however, that the fan runs rather constantly - not noisy, but a bit of a concern.