Acer Switch 7

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by dstrauss, Aug 30, 2017.

1. JRiggs

JRiggs Pen Pal - Newbie

It was posted above. Someone posted the promotional brochure bfor it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

A found it
    https://www.bechtle.com/shop/medias...hmZTk3M2E0ZDYxYTkwZjJmNWRhMmM4MWI2YTlmMThiMzI

Overlooked that post. Although the brochure does have the date Nov/29/17 on the bottom of it.......all those specs in that brochure are the same as when they device was first unveiled. If there was a last minute change to omit the Thunderbolt 3/USB-C port.....it could be feasible that when they issued that brochure, perhaps they were unaware of that change and used the old information. It’s certainly reassuring however to see those listed specs with as far as I can tell....the more recent promo pics.....but it’s still not a guarantee. Until someone can get their hands on the device itself to confirm, or if Acer decideds to update their specs on the official product page....it could still go either way as far as having the port or not having it.

3. JRiggs

JRiggs Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah never saw the date. Ah well if it doesn't have tb3 then I'm leaning back to the house elite x2 g2. I want the quad core setup tho.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4. MacrosTheBlack007

MacrosTheBlack007 Scribbler - Standard Member

5. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

6. MacrosTheBlack007

MacrosTheBlack007 Scribbler - Standard Member

7. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

EDIT: Having received the thunderous response akin to a lead balloon - i.e., not a peep from anyone - I hereby re-post a slightly edited version of my, er, editorial on the now-you-see-it-now-you-don't Acer Swift 7. I'm seeking both forgiveness if I've offended anyone and, most of all, some/any kind of reaction to my main point: this product has "Fail" written all over it, based on it's questionable pre-introduction back story and Acer's being the last company with the stuff to pull off this highly ambitious design challenge.

I wish only the best for all the awesome digital artists and true techno-maestros out there waiting with baited breath for the appearance and hoped-for success of the Swift 7, but it is with the utmost of regard and respect that I suggest you strongly consider your personal "plans B" because not only has the reporting about this product from Acer been spotty and unreliable, but, as dstrauss suggests (hoping the shameless name-drop will attract notice), the physics of the design seem close to impossible to achieve, certainly from a thermal perspective. While I will grant that Acer has had some notable hardware achievements in recent years, I have serious concerns that both its heart and engineering investment is in producing powerful and competent performers at low price points, while to pull off this product they need prowess with specialty devices, requiring innovations in areas such as advanced materials and miniaturized cooling systems - among other discoveries and manufacturing engineering skills. I would feel much better if the talent, resources and experience behind this product was coming from the likes of Samsung, Apple (ouch; bit my tongue!), Microsoft or even a boutique mfr like Razer or Vaio.

I so hope I'm not just bursting bubbles; I know this forum is all about pushing envelopes and anticipating the "next great thing." But in following this thread I can't help but think: what a shame to waste the time and productivity of smart trailblazers and, worse, possibly enticing them to buy whatever Acer manages to push out the door only to find that we're all effectively beta testers of Acer's "heat dream" (pardon pun!) Still, I am on record saying that I didn't believe Vaio would pull off its transition to a private company, designing and producing ultra high end products and selling and supporting them outside Japan - so what do I know?!!

Jeff

PS:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  8. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

@lovelaptops - Trust me Jeff, not being ignored, just life and work intruding on my hobbies.

Just saw a new posting at a German site "selling" the Acer Switch 7 for 1999 Eur, with "Delivery in 5 weeks." listed on the site - so now we're off somewhere nearer to March than December 2017, and AFTER an August 2017 reveal - why not just wait until NEXT AUGUST and ship AS7-2 instead? For Acer: :rolleyes::mad::(:confused::eek::p

A everyone around here knows I have infinite patience

[​IMG]

lovelaptops likes this.
  9. moldowan

moldowan Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been and still am monitoring several (all?) german shops listing the Switch 7 since November and what can I say...
    The few shops that (in the beginning) had it listed as available in december have been postponing availability week after week, e.g.:
    https://translate.google.com/transl...oks/ACER/Lieferdatum+Acer+Switch+7&edit-text=

Listing of shops:
    https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleic...ch-7-black-edition-sw713-51gnp-87m8-acer.html
    https://geizhals.de/acer-switch-7-be-sw713-51gnp-nt-lepeg-001-a1682935.html

There is one shop that expects availability tomorrow but I am almost sure that this won't come true:
    https://www.cyberport.de/?DEEP=1CE7-0D7&APID=14

Sadly, I do not expect broad availability before February (and my illustrator girlfriend will have killed me by then for keeping her waiting instead of just buying an iPad *sigh*).

10. uHu

uHu Pen Pal - Newbie

Huh?
    Acer already showed with past Switch devices, that their passive liquid loop technology is very capable.

There's nothing "impossible" here.

Telstar1948 likes this.