Acer Switch 7

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by dstrauss, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There have been a bunch of confirmations from major tech sites at CES, that Acer is releasing the S7 in US this month:

(Engadget)
    "At CES this year, Acer is showing off the latest additions to its notebook lineup with the Acer Swift 7, Switch 7 Black Edition and Acer Spin 3 laptops...

The previously announced Acer Switch 7 Black Edition will be available starting this month at the same starting price. It's powered by an 8th-generation Intel Core processor and a discrete Nvidia GeForce MX150 GPU. Other amenities include a fingerprint reader and a stylus made by Wacom."

Should lay to rest any concerns of vaporware.

Telstar1948 likes this.
  2. JRiggs

JRiggs Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh gosh I hope so. The website is already setup for it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

3. uHu

uHu Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah well ... I did not compare it to other tablets.

I also don't own a tablet yet, and my last laptop is very old.
    So I was probably expecting just a bit too much from tablet speakers after all the praise.
    Also I have high standards, when it comes to sound. I make music and use Studio Monitors as Speakers.

But if the iPad Pro speakers are really the best you can get, I would almost say, I don't care at all about the speakers in a tablet, since they will never sound decent to me.
    I would rather get 2 JBL Flip 4, when I'd need mobile sound.

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Yes, speakers is typically something manufactures use to keep costs down. They only care that they can put stereo sound in the spec sheet. Hewlett Packard has produced some machines using Beats and B&O speakers, but even those were small and tinny according to reviews.

5. Telstar1948

Telstar1948 Scribbler - Standard Member

It's interesting that Engadget's links don't refer to the Acer Switch 7 Black Edition, other than their article from August of 2017. Engadget says the Switch 7 Black will be available this month, but I wonder where they got that info?

6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Found a promotional brochure:

Acer Switch 7 Black Edition - it confirms Thunderbolt and Windows 10 Pro, but it looks to be a big beast - 330mm wide

And I believe it was a Acer's press release that said the AS7 would go on sale this month. In fact, when you go to the AS7 site on Acer.com a little "Buy Now" button will appear for a second in the lower left corner of the landing page, then quickly disappear - the AS7 is shaping up to be the Gypsy Rose Lee of tablets...

Kumabjorn and stormi like this.
  7. JRiggs

JRiggs Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow great find! Has pretty much all the info needed there. Although for us egpu junkies I wonder if it's 4 lane or 2 Lane tb3 .

I also hope they get a nice protective case for it. I work in construction and some places can be a bit dirty.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

8. gobmonster

gobmonster Pen Pal - Newbie

And let the drooling begin! Those specs are glorious :eek::)

I’m surprised that this may be made available without a pre order, but if it goes on sale this month I’d be very happy to plop down the asking amount. My dream is that this machine is fully compatible with the staedtler norris pen that Samsung released for its galaxy book. If that happens I’ll be in artbook heaven!

9. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Can't see a single reason why it shouldn't.

10. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Depends on the nibs and which flavor of EMR its using. If it's using the older EMR stock with the larger nibs....used in the Surface Pro 1 & 2, Cube Mix, or even the Dell Canvas....the Stadelier Norris pencil could have a nib to cursor offset as well as gimped pen pressure.

WillAdams likes this.