Acer Switch 7

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by dstrauss, Aug 30, 2017.

1. dv8nathan

dv8nathan Pen Pal - Newbie

good catch, but if you look closely it appears as though it has been moved down by the micro sd slot, where the audio jack used to be. i feel like it is an incomplete/work in progress perhaps. i will not be happy if there is no thunderbolt 3. I have already invested in an EGPU makeing TB3 a must have for my next portable machine.

between the AS7 TheLastJedi and the rockstar i just drank i feel like a kid on christmas

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    uHu and Starlight5 like this.
  2. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Whooaaaaa whoa wait, it only has Win10 Home? Not Pro? How did I not notice this earlier? =/

So close, Switch 7, and yet...

Hilariously, clicking the Buy Now button simple brings up a banner that says No Sellers Available.

3. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

My latest Thinkpad came with 10 Home (they actually sent me a differently specced machine than I ordered, but I decided to keep it); got a 10 Pro key for less than $5 and upgraded without any problem.

4. rhymes

rhymes Pen Pal - Newbie

im still wondering how well the color accuracy is gonna be on this, plus anyone worrying about the battery life it says 10 hours on the specs.

5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Pretty sure you can upgrade to Pro for a few dirhams.

6. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

It's really that cheap to upgrade? Huh... TIL.

Ooooh, after some googling, apparently I can use old Win8 Pro keys to upgrade. I do have a Win8 Pro key sitting around that I never used.

Hmph. All this rigmarole and I'm still faintly leaning towards Zbook x2 over the Switch 7. I guess the reviews will ultimately decide it for me.

7. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The low quality of those recent pics make it hard to tell....but that might be the Kensington lock port.

8. JRiggs

JRiggs Pen Pal - Newbie

They are doing a pretty crappy job of selling this by keeping the specs hard to understand. I too am trying to decide between this and maybe the zbook. I wonder how Acer's warranty is, I need accidental drop protection as it's for work.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Starlight5 likes this.
  9. dv8nathan

dv8nathan Pen Pal - Newbie

Geez I thought about that, and well I sure hope not. To have it in the preview units only to take it away will kill it for me. Ill keep my hopes up though:)

Starlight5 likes this.
  10. cmd

cmd Pen Pal - Newbie

Here is a better pic here (taken November 16). You can see the thunderbolt symbol and port.

[​IMG]

https://liliputing.com/2017/11/hands-acer-switch-7-black-edition-2-1-tablet-coming-2018-1699.html

uHu and Telstar1948 like this.