Acer Switch 7

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by dstrauss, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

I'm already drooling.
    You think Amazon would accept a refund for the Galaxy Book in December? :D

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

All I've found is that it is a Pascal based dGPU, low end, in the GT 10xx series. Supposedly 30-40% faster, and more efficient, than the 940

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    Azzart and surfaceproartist like this.
  3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Will Wacom and Microsoft realize that the "levels of pressure" spec hurts the digital pen industry the same way the gigahertz race hurt the CPU industry? 4000 levels of pressure are meaningless if the cursor drifts away an inch from the pen tip, or if lines are wobbly, or if the pen is too small to hold comfortably.

If they release a pen with "16384 levels of pressure" I'm going to write them a very harshly-worded email.

4. gobmonster

gobmonster Pen Pal - Newbie

Ooooo i want this so bad! Talking about hitting all my targets
    1. Big screen ✔
    2. Kick stand ✔
    3. Wacom stylus ✔
    4. Dedicated graphics ✔
    5. Core i7 ✔
    The whole fanless thing though, i have severe doubts about this. I prefer active cooling. I've never had problems with fan noise bothering me (except on mac books with their jet turbines). My Surface gets hot after 5 minutes of running a virtual box instance, i cant imagine this tablet remaining touchable in the same scenario, crossing my fingers the new intel CPUs have sprinkles of magic on it

Omazic.iv likes this.
  5. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Imagine if computer manufacturers publicized how many watts of heat the cooling system can dump into the environment at a given temperature difference.

6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Your surface is not liquid cooled. Acer has been developing a liquid cooled CPU/GPU. It is, technically, active cooling. Let's give it a chance.

BTW, you guys, where ya been all day. http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thr...ts-and-convertibles-with-stylus.67533/page-34

and http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thr...g-acer-switch-3-5-12-inch-models.72147/page-3

:vbbiggrin:

And, BTW, this thing really does look awesome. Fanless, Quadcore, Dedicated GPU, EMR pen and (OMG do I dare say it) a SILO!!! If I was looking for a notebook replacement, Acer would be high on my list ATM. Battery life is the only real concern.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  7. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

If the base clock of the cpu is 1.8ghz though it would mean very poor performances in drawing applications.

8. dstrauss

Well kiddies, looks like this bad boy has Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) AND USB-A in the same frame (maybe even a barrel power connector as well):

_AcerSwitch7-rightedge-USB-A-Thunderbolt.jpg

9. dstrauss

@Azzart - care to give us a summary translation - this guy seems to dig deeper than the other reviewers

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Drawing applications incapable of using multicore performance? Even still, these single cores can turbo to 4ghz. These CPUs will also have double the cache of a 7th Gen and 8 threaded perf.

Damn this thing looks huge to me.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.