1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

Acer Iconia W500 for Sale for $310 + $10 Shipping

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by meengla, Nov 28, 2012.

1. meengla

meengla Pen Pal - Newbie

(I hope this is allowed here)
    I am selling my Acer Iconia W500 tablet. There is nothing wrong with it at all and it has been almost exclusively used indoor. As you can tell from this forum I have upgraded to the new Acer Iconia W510 recently and so the W500 has no use for me anymore. But W500 has been a very useful device for me. I will also include a sleeve which can be used as a stand/protective case.
    All original stuff will be included. May be even the original packing, though can't promise that right now (will go home and check).
    I have been using Windows 8 Preview on it and that works fine (not figured out rotation yet). You can either get the device with Windows 8 or I can put back the factory image of Windows 7.

Selling here should save me Ebay's rip-off fees.

Any one?! If I don't see enough interest within next few days then I will sell through Ebay. I can take Paypal.
  2. Greg_E

Greg_E Scribbler - Standard Member

I would suggest restore to win7 and mention that people can download drivers from Acer and buy the official upgrade to win8pro from Microsoft ($40 download version) and get a free upgrade code for Media Center (free offer expires in January).

Wish you could have decided to do this last week when I bought my w500 on ebay, sold for $350 plus shipping.
  3. meengla

meengla Pen Pal - Newbie

Greg_E,
    Thanks for the suggestions. I think I am going to restore to the original factory Windows 7 image. Not sure about putting Windows 8 on it--don't want to invest any more money into this. Windows 8 will make this a much better device though.
  4. Greg_E

Greg_E Scribbler - Standard Member

No, let the end user buy the Win8 license, but you should mention that it is possible and not very expensive for the purchaser to upgrade to win 8 pro and that for a limited time Microsoft is offering the free Media Center upgrade to Win8Pro users. Might help it sell fast.
  5. DK88

DK88 Pen Pal - Newbie

What version of Windows 7 does it have?

Thanks