Acer Iconia A700 Official, Quad-Core ICS with HD Display Discussion

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by Jamison Cush, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamison Cush

Jamison Cush TechnologyGuide Editor Staff Member

2. Intricate

Intricate Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry to say, but why always the comparisson with Apple Ipad, in this case Price and DPI.

IOS and Android are 2 different OS-es, why not compare Android tablet with an Android Tablet.

3. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Ha ha.

It has started.

Tech advancement is on the march. This new device, even though it is Android and has half the memory I work with (2Gb), has greater resolution than my crusty old Tecra M4. That's a big deal. High-resolutions are going to slide into standard use, I suspect. Cool.

It's just a matter of time before they start to arrive with x86 chipsets sporting stylus power. The only thing I'm a little less than hopeful about is that anybody will try it with tablets offering a few more physical inches than the standard 10".

14" and 15" screens would be ideal.

But we're almost there. Hope it happens before the tablet craze simmers down as it did with the digital watch and Rubic's cube. (Tickle-me-beanie-tablets. From the Cabbage Patch).

Fingers crossed!

4. Jamison Cush

Jamison Cush TechnologyGuide Editor Staff Member

I think any and all comparisons between Android tablets and the iPad are warranted. The iPad is the market leader, by far, and consumers in the market for a tablet typically choose between it and its competitors, which is now mostly Android tablets. With the Retina Display, Apple has also set a new standard for resolution, which is worth pointing out in comparison to any tablet that has a display its makers market as "HD."

5. AdamaDBrown

AdamaDBrown TabletPCReview Contributor Reviewer

Okay, don't get me wrong, I still love my Galaxy Tab. But damn this looks interesting. Full HD resolution plus the trimmings is a pretty impressive package, and that's a nice price. What the thickness and weight are going to be like will be vital to see though. All the specs in the world aren't worth much in a tablet you don't feel like lugging around.

6. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Personally I'd really HATE to see a 'Retina' (Buzz-sword) display on a windows 10" tablet as I might actually go blind trying to read anything. By the time I'd changed the dpi to something else I might as well drop down to 1080p.

7. negative1

negative1 Retro Surface fan

higher resolutions are great for working with artwork, digital pictures,
    and video...

if apps are built properly, they should scale properly to be displayed
    also. it's just going to take time.

funny how we had higher resolution crt monitors 10 years ago, and
    went backwards for quite some time.. at least manufacturers are
    finally catching up now..

however, i've been using 1024x768 (and some 800x600) for almost 2 decades now on
    most of my computers and only recently have 1 or 2 at 1280x720 and 1366x768.

later