Acer ConceptD 9 easel notebook (2019)

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Cuberdon75, Apr 11, 2019.

1. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Did you bit the bullet on this beast yet? Curious if anyone on the forums here have jumped onboard. I'm starting to think if I eventually replace my mobile solution (still my T902, but I'm not very mobile these days anyway so I hardly use it) it might actually be the newer Concept D7 Ezel Pro. Looks like it might be the more refined version of this thing. I'm not really tempted right now, simply because I have no reason to take my work out of house these days, but would love to hear anyone's experience with D9 so far if someone on here has gotten one.

Lilawyn likes this.
  2. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

'Fraid not; my new job isn't making me "$5,000 in two months" affluent, especially considering what's going on right now and the fact that my previous daily driver got totaled and needed a cheap replacement mere days after I made that last post, setting me back a whole two-week paycheck.

I did, however, get something mildly less expensive finally fulfilled two weeks ago, about a month and a half of waiting:
    [​IMG]

You can bet I'll be testing this on the ConceptD 9 if I ever get one. Maybe my Rift CV1 setup as well, if I still have it. A laptop like that should actually have the hardware grunt for VR, and an adequate cooling system to avoid throttling while the CPU and especially the GPU are getting hammered.

I know, pen digitizer performance comes first, but if it's got the hardware of a gaming laptop and a price that puts most gaming laptops to shame, you bet I'm gonna review it like one, too. Besides, VR has a lot of potential as a creative medium.

Keep in mind, if I do order one, it'll be toward the end of the year; I can probably save up about $1000 per month after accounting for other expenses, so at five months out, that's already November. Perhaps sooner, perhaps later.

stoneseeker likes this.
  3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Fantastic! Index are hard to get a hold of! I have CV1 and Rift S and maaaan HL:Alyx is SO GOOD! Also want to put more time into sculpting in Medium. Would love to see the refresh rate and res on the index someday, but I have a feeling I'll be waiting till the next iteration before I upgrade again.
    Also, you better believe the Concept D9 would run VR. That GPU shouldn't have an issue, and from what I've read throttling shouldn't be too bad to worry about. My old GTX1080 can hammer out max graphics in ALYX on a Rift S, so I can't imagine this would be an issue for the D9 either.

4. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member