Acer ConceptD 9 easel notebook (2019)

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Cuberdon75, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Are these screens textured? For the d9 and the d7? It says they're matte, so I presumed so. Would be nice to hear back about the tactile feedback of working on the screen. A lot of that also depends on the nibs, and if you can use the different options, felt, etc. ???

2. LoVe

LoVe Pen Pal - Newbie

The ConceptD 9's matte screen has a smooth surface, and the pen's nibs are interchangeable.

I see that acer's announced a related "ezel hinge" series that's smaller, less expensive, yet still powerful: ConceptD 7 Ezel — thread: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/acer-conceptd-7-ezel.75338/ . Options! :)

3. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Does that mean it feels like drawing on smooth glass? Like an ipad or a surface pro? That would surprise me. I assumed it feels like etched glass or a matte screen protector, with a bit of friction, that makes a slight "sound" when you draw on it? Haptic feed back is a clear potential benefit of matte screens.

4. LoVe

LoVe Pen Pal - Newbie

I've not had your examples, but there is "a bit of friction, that makes a slight 'sound' when you draw on it". The stylus-on-screen feel is more textured than typical glass, but much less than typical paper.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Marty likes this.
  5. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

From Stoneseeker's link:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...D/525X486351X4ad123ceb0db75e765e9bb831f2392a9

$4,499.99 for the non-Pro version. If I translate that into UK sterling direct that's £3427 which actually isn't so bad...

Trouble is, IT stuff always sells as if $1=£1 so we would actually have to pay £4,499.99 or the equivalent of $5,909.03

I don't think the Euro position would be much better.

One website lists the future price of the ConceptD 9 Pro at around $5800 which in an ideal world would be £4418. In reality, we'd be charged £5800 which translates to $7614........

:eek:

Even less buyers in the UK for the Pro version.

Lilawyn likes this.
  6. Lilawyn

Lilawyn Pen Pal - Newbie

The Non-Pro version of the ConceptD 9 is available for purchase on Amazon! It's availability is listed as "ships within 1 to 3 months". Are they building these machines to order? :eek:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YYZ9P35

stoneseeker and YVerloc like this.
  7. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Geez, it would make more sense if that's the case. Maybe they are building them to order in batches most likely for studios/corporate that order a bunch, and then try to slot the few consumer orders in with them?
    Such a crazy unicorn...

8. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Does your D9 have Wacom Feel driver/utility installed? Meaning, it's got Tablet icon with Wacom logo in the Control Panel items?

9. Lilawyn

Lilawyn Pen Pal - Newbie

WillAdams and YVerloc like this.
  10. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

You have to be a paid subscriber to view article?