Acer ConceptD 9 easel notebook (2019)

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Cuberdon75, Apr 11, 2019.

1. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Just checking in as this product inches closer to release.

Who wants to take bets?

Ten to One Wacom will disappoint everybody with some kind of under-performing driver. -One which passes muster on all the initial reviews, but when the real artists dig right into the device, (after shelling out $$$), they'll realize, "Heeeeeey, waitaminit!"

They did it to the Samsung EMR series, and to my Dell Canvas. And they just whistle and pretend they're not being sneaky tulips.

What do they care? They make a few sales, but their real goal is to remain the best game in town for quality. They'll HAPPILY backstab a competitor and let them take damage along an entire product line. What does Wacom care if they sabotage somebody else's bread and butter? Wacom has a scummy side which they justify by saying, "We're a small company. We will do what we must to survive!" -Apparently having professional standards above "bandit" is not on that list.

Maybe I'll be wrong and we'll see a return to the good old Penabled days when they sold hardware and drivers in earnest and good faith, but I'm sensing a trend... A tactical shift in the wind. That brush with bankruptcy probably smartened them up, and not in a good way. (Hint: The problem was lack of innovation, not lack of evil, you sneaky tulips!)

2. wandrinsheep

wandrinsheep Pen Pal - Newbie

Your cynicism is justified, on your side for this bet lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  3. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

It would be nice if I was just being bitter and mean. But sadly, I'm being realistic and actually optimistic! I keep checking in and hoping, hoping...

4. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

But doesn't that mean at least one device got through, i.e. ZBook X2? (Or was there some issue with that too?)

Betting against, only because I think responsibility falls on the vendor (not supplier) for vetting their components, and the ConceptD team seams like a new creator-focused division at Acer. ;)

5. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, if ever there was a company that deserved to be taken down by a clone army of Chinese IP thieves, it's Wacom. The sooner the better.

6. YVerloc

YVerloc Scribbler - Standard Member

Is this thing even happening, or are we getting AtivQ’d?

doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  7. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

SHH! Don't mention that name in here!

*Goes back to dreaming of Unicorn*

8. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member