Acer ConceptD 7 Ezel

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Marty, Jan 5, 2020.

1. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

OK she has 650K subscribers which is probably why Acer went with her but I stopped watching after the 3rd "wow" and brainless look at the camera.
    Right now, I could care less if she went on to test the stylus out and produced some really informative line tests and rattled off a stunning drawing showcasing the ConceptD's capabilities.

2. nyb72

nyb72 Scribbler - Standard Member

Why can't companies give these previews to people who can use the hardware to it's fullest creative potential?

My main takeaway from that video was that she seemed quite shocked about the notion of using a stylus for Lightroom...

And I'm trying (and probably failing) to not be mean spirited, she seemed genuinely excited to preview it, and who wouldn't turn down a chance like that.
    But as a creative, instead of making me enthused, it put me in this position to feel disdainful that a heavy stylus user didn't get first dibs...

stoneseeker and doobiedoobiedum like this.
  3. doobiedoobiedum

I lasted about a minute, fast forwarded a bit and then stopped. How did you get on? I really didn't have the care to watch her using any software.

4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I think the reason a true stylus user doesn't get the device for review is because heavy stylus users like ourselves don't review devices online with larger followings, we are too busy content creating with a stylus to have time for a review channel. There are some reviewers who certainly are more knowledgeable on the subject who enjoy hobby art in their spare time though, like Lisa Gade or Brad Cowbell, who I would have preferred to see using it. But ultimately its just advertising, so biggest viewership gets the cake?

WillAdams likes this.
  5. stoneseeker

So I got tempted away from my more affordable Tab S7+ plan by this behemoth again, and found the PC Canada listing the Concept D7 Ezel as "backordered" and wrote them for clarification on shipping and availability, they responded after getting in touch with the "supplier" (presumably Acer):
    "Hello

The distributor has advised tentative eta is 2-3 weeks from order date

Once stock arrives it ships out within 1-2 business days"

Maybe 2-3 weeks seems more like a month, and that would be too late sadly we will be in the middle of moving. Oh well, temptation averted!

dellaster and Marty like this.
  6. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Its always important to treat yourself every now and then. Sounds like the Holidays would be a more opportune time to acquire one.

stoneseeker likes this.
  7. stoneseeker

I like your thinking, we'll see how the ole bank account is looking when Christmas rolls in!

darkmagistric likes this.
  8. stoneseeker

A colleague and Art Director at our studio just ordered one of these after I recommended it so I look forward to hearing his feedback and sharing with all of you!

He was quite interested in the ZBook X2 form factor as well, but given he needed to use Blender a fair amount, I discouraged it and told him we could trade if he decides he wants it later :cool:

Marty likes this.
  9. doobiedoobiedum

Finally, Acer have handed the Ezel to an artist reviewer.

Brad Colbow (now Cowboy for some reason) reviews ConceptD 3 Pro Ezel

10. stoneseeker

That's great, but shouldn't this review go into the D3 Ezel discussion?

doobiedoobiedum likes this.