Acer ConceptD 3 Ezel

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by jedah, Jun 23, 2020.

1. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Having had my legs slapped by @stoneseeker, here's the CORRECT place for this review...

Spoiler - the Ezel 3 Pro has an awful pen. The lines Brad gets are just horrible.

darkmagistric and stoneseeker like this.
  2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

lol, THATS BETTER doobs :p

Are ALL the AES implementations this jittery?? His seemed particularly bad.
    One thing that always makes me a little annoyed whenever I watch Brad's otherwise really thoughtful reviews is he never seems to use a pen with clear pressure curve. I get his art style doesn't prefer thin to thick line work, but for the sake of the review can we please see how it handles pressure curve in practice?

doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  3. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

yikes, just watching his line quality when he draws in the video...Clip Studio's brush stabilization might help, but in the video the line quality looks really terrible. While I never owned an AES device, I have used plenty at Stores and Comic Con, but I've never seen AES this bad.

I wonder if Brad will be able to get his hands on the other two D7 & D9 models with the EMR pen to compare.

It could be a driver related problem, since these Concept D devices were made more for the high end market, they might have engineered the concept with EMR, and when they thought to offer the lower cost D3 and switched the pen tech, maybe they didn't even think to re-engineer the pen enough to make it work as well.

doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  4. jedah

jedah Pen Pal - Newbie

I think some Wacom AES implementations seem good. For example the below video of the Miix 520 from a couple years ago w/ Lenovo Active Pen 2 seemed to deliver fairly stable lines. I guess it depends on manufacturer. I was hoping that the Concept D's creator focus would make Acer tune this a little better, but I guess that didn't happen this time.