Acer Aspire Switch Alpha 12 S

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by sonichedgehog360, Apr 7, 2016.

1. gregoryx

gregoryx Scribbler - Standard Member

Welcome.
    1. No. No solutions were found - though there theoretically could/should have been. Never happened.
    2. There isn't an eraser on the SA12 pen. I haven't heard of a compatible pen with eraser. And I tried a half-dozen different pens.
    3. Never really have... LOL. Unclipped from the tablet, an alcohol wipe should work great.

2. Ido Greenfeld

Ido Greenfeld Pen Pal - Newbie

1. Disappointment... I guess i should have come to this thread before buying \=
    2. I've attached a photo of the pen's package... It says there's an eraser... Am i missing something?
    20171222_205917_LR.jpg

3. gregoryx

gregoryx Scribbler - Standard Member

The Windows tablets and stylii I have now (SA12 and DV8P) are both lacking the "eraser on the top" feature, so I can't verify; but my recollection is that on my tablets that had it (all the Motion tablets, for example), it shows up as a setting in the configs. Try the "Pen and Ink" settings page. Maybe the stylus you have has one and it's not enabled? It's not there in the stylus that came with my SA12.

On the Wacom stylus tablets I've had, the reverse end of the stylus will move the cursor when near the screen; I'm pretty sure if that doesn't happen, you couldn't have the eraser function. Could be wrong...

and on the stylus issues, yeah... bummer that they didn't address it. Def going to the Surface next; though I really like this thing.