Acer Aspire Switch Alpha 12 S

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by sonichedgehog360, Apr 7, 2016.

1. NextGadget

NextGadget Pen Pal - Newbie

2. allinthefamily

allinthefamily Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry for such a delayed response. I do occasionally experience both of these issues, in both the trackpad and the keyboard. Seem to always happen together. I use my Switch around 5-6 hours a day and these problems happen about twice a month. In both cases, I just detach and reattach the keyboard, and problem solved. My guess is it's an Acer-proprietary driver bug, which means we will never see a fix.

Bronsky likes this.
  3. hedehede81

hedehede81 Pen Pal - Newbie

You can lower the TDP under Power Plans (intel dynamic platform and thermal framework) to 7.5W and that should give you about 2 more hours of battery life. Coupled with a low brightness, and power savings enabled for wifi and everything, 8 hours of battery life shouldn't be impossible for emergency light use I guess. What do you guys think?

4. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member

Can anyone review the stylus, Synaptics?
    The i3 and i5 and i7 version is officially distributed here

5. hedehede81

the stylus is good for note taking unless you write quickly. most find it inadequate for artistic purposes.

okieiam likes this.
  6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

A lot find it inadequate for note taking as well. Synaptics pens are not universally desired.

okieiam likes this.
  7. hedehede81

Does anyone have a suggestion for a power bank with USB C port that can charge this?

8. hedehede81

9. gregoryx

gregoryx Scribbler - Standard Member

This one is working: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZ61PRW/

Plugged in directly, I get 12V x 2.x A = ~25W

Plugged in through my pass-through USB/HDMI device, it goes 15V x 2.x A = 30W plus

That's been my USB-PD experience generally: pretty unpredictable how it will work or if it will work. But this one works - though not as fast as the stock charger, of course.

hedehede81 likes this.
  10. Ido Greenfeld

Ido Greenfeld Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everyone!

I'm a bit behind the times and i just bought a new alpha 12 :)
    I've got a few questions -

1. Regarding the pen, let's face it, it's not the best pen out there... I've used a samsung note 10.1 tablet a few years ago during my studies and it was much better!
    Is there any 3rd party app that can better the performance of the pen? I mainly use it for note taking and not drawing...

2. Staying on the pen - for some reason the eraser at the back of the pen isn't working (I've tried in onenote, maybe it doesn't support that feature?)
    I saw a lot of talking about the pen's version in the forum... how can I find mine's? I can't seem to find it on the packaging...

3. This is the most important one! How do you clean all the areas around your keyboard? Even tough the material is really nice to the touch it's a major magnet for smudges!

Thanks for the help :)