Acer Aspire Switch Alpha 12 S

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by sonichedgehog360, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Elerek

Elerek Pen Pal - Newbie

Can anyone confirm if the 8 GB model is 1x8 or 2x4?

2. thundergodz

thundergodz Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys, I have some issue with my trackpad, where the mouse jump around the screen when I trying to use the trackpad. Have anyone have this issue? Is this normal?

Another question does anyone have issue with the keyboard not responding and have to detach and reattach before able to use it?

3. Newuser

Newuser Pen Pal - Newbie

4. allinthefamily

allinthefamily Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Elerik. I have the i5/8GB/256GB model and HARDiNFO 8 reports I have 2 banks of 4GB RAM installed, each Hynix brand and running dual channel. Hope this helps. RAM specs.PNG

5. ericg

ericg Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi!
    I have an I5/8Go/256Go since one week and I'm very disappointed by the battery life...Between 2:30 and 4:00 maximum life achieved, despite having removed all Acer bloatware, using energy saving mode with 25% backlight. Even switch from Chrome to Edge!
    I have checked with various tool (Battery Bar, Hardware monitor, Batterymon...) and my battery report a 8% wear out of the box, which I find abnormal...
    Also, when I use powercfg to issue a battery report, there is no value issued for the battery capacity, which I find also abnormal.
    Could some of you check what is reported by using one the above tool about their battery?

The shop I purchase it offer to have a fast troubleshooting done and would propose an exchange, but I'm afraid I may pick one with dead pixel for which no exchange is possible...

6. Elerek

Elerek Pen Pal - Newbie

So I bought a Nintendo Switch which is powered by a usb c adapter. I tried it out with my alpha 12, and for anyone who cares, it charges it just fine :)

kvoram likes this.
  7. jriemerm

jriemerm Pen Pal - Newbie

Can anyone tell me if this model can be configured to sleep, shut down or hibernate on closing, in the manner of conventional laptops? and in the case of sleep or hibernate, resume on opening?

8. SammySam

SammySam Pen Pal - Newbie

It works for me but you can't connect the Anker's 5 port 60W direct to the acer switch 12. I connect it to Verbatim USB-C hub with HDMI and then plug to the machine and it works perfectly. (the usb-c hub as a connector)

9. gregoryx

gregoryx Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes. The included keyboard acts like a lid of a laptop and can be configured however.

10. Newuser

Newuser Pen Pal - Newbie

Hy,
    Does anyone find color profil for the switch alpha 12?, some review mention color corection that can be applied for better work with photo.