Acer Aspire Switch Alpha 12 S

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by sonichedgehog360, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don1

Don1 Scribbler - Standard Member

I had the exact same problem with this charger and at that point gave up on usb-c. There are plenty of tiny normal chargers that work anyway.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KLH1R0S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. Shutterfly

Shutterfly Pen Pal - Newbie

This morning I put all the amazon return boxes in the mail room -- 4 of them. I felt sorry for those vendors.
    For the discussion about battery back up chargers, here is one I use:
    http://www.yoycart.com/Product/44649712702/
    QD-188Alt. It supports 12-24V/85W output. Powered by 8 18650 Lithium-ion batteries it's quite bad-ass.
    All that's needed for it to work with SA12 is a 1.0x3mm to 2.1x5.5mm adapter, which I have on order:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/151804627350?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

3. tula

tula Pen Pal - Newbie

anybody know,
    is this SA 12 have battrey charging fitur , that can stop charging @80% and start charging @ 70 %, or something like that ...
    because most of the time i'm charge my laptop (@workdesk), once in a while when i need to work oursite room than i can just unplug it and use it using battery

in my lenovo this fitur is called optimized battery health, in samsung its called smart charging, in sony its call battery care
    this fitur is very usefull, until now my lenovo (3 years and more) still in good condition

previously using acer laptop, without that fitur, for 1 year, and the battery can't even hold my laptop when the electricity is cut for a few minutes

only this one fitur that bother me to choosing this SA 12 replacing my old laptop (lenovo g400s)

thankx

ps:sorry my english is poor

4. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

As far as we know it doesn't.

Sent from mTalk on my Acer A12

tula likes this.
  5. Shutterfly

Shutterfly Pen Pal - Newbie

I received the 1.1mm-2.5mm power port converter, and connect SA12 to my power bank: (see photos)
    It works as expected.
    The power bank has three ports, one 12-24 adjust output, and two USB ports. Powered by 8 Panasnoic 3400mah 18650 battery, it can keep SA12 running for quite a while
    IMG_4119.JPG IMG_4116.JPG IMG_4120.JPG

kvoram likes this.
  6. thundergodz

thundergodz Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys, i got a question. I been using my SA 12 for college these pass few week since college started. I run into some problem with the trackpad, it keep making my pointer jump around after sometime using or if my finger are not completely dry(like dead dry dry). Do any of you experience this problem.

7. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Nope, haven't had that happen on mine. Have you tried cleaning the keyboard and tablet contacts?

Sent from mTalk on my Acer A12

8. TLA

TLA Pen Pal - Newbie

I have not experienced the issue you've noted, however occasionally my trackpad loses it's ability to detect a tap as a mouse click. I have to apply more pressure to make the pad physically click in order for SA12 to recognize the click. Detaching / reattaching the keyboard fixes it.

9. tula

tula Pen Pal - Newbie

hello, just asking, do you still have this problem?

sol

10. TLA

TLA Pen Pal - Newbie

Questions about Remix OS.

I'd like to be able to dual boot Win10/Android on my SA12 and have some questions for those who have done this already.

- Is there a good tutorial on how to do this, if not could someone provide some high level pointers?
    - Is it easy to undo if it doesn't work well?
    - How does it perform with respect to things like battery life, keyboard, trackpad, wifi...etc
    - Anything else I should know before I attempt to install it?

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.