Acer Aspire Switch Alpha 12 S

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by sonichedgehog360, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. collindv

collindv Pen Pal - Newbie

:-( I have this one on order after my last one didn't work:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01IF4L1Q4/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will let you know when I get it on Saturday but your lack of success doesn't make me hopeful :-(

2. Shutterfly

Shutterfly Pen Pal - Newbie

Ravpower is the first one I got along with their cable. Very nice quality it seems but unfortunately it doesn't work.
    Besides it I also tried Targus 45w and elepower charger, the Targus is the only one that works so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Don1

Don1 Scribbler - Standard Member

I still have this one coming at some point, at least the second one they shipped made it into the country and didn't get lost in China. It left a USPS location that is only about 45 miles from where I live at 7AM yesterday morning and hasn't updated since. Maybe this one will get lost here instead..anyway I do think it will work when it gets here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KLH1R0S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  4. Shutterfly

It's so funny that it looks like a whole bunch of us are playing our own version of Pokemon! LOL

5. collindv

6. Shutterfly

By description I have no doubt it works with MacBook, but the spec says usb-c voltage/amperage is 9-12V 1.5A ...... Not sure if SA12 will like it. Besides, it's made by RavPower. I have already tested its 36W usb-c charger on it and it failed to charge.

On another note, I know one power bank can charge SA12 for sure:
    https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Eme...01EK2MDTY/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
    I have one. I use it to charge my laptop at 19V since my laptop takes its 2.5mm output adapter comes with the charger. I just ordered a 1.1x3.0mm to 2.5mm adapter (SA12's adapter size) from eBay for $3, that way I can power it when I am on the go.

7. Tark84

Tark84 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone! Can somebody tell me please, if the ssd on your devices makes a... i dont't know how to call it... some crisp sound while turning on and off, awaking and rebooting. I had a surface pro 3 before that and as i remember, the sound of its ssd was quieter in that moments. Is it normal? thank you and sorry for my english :)

8. Don1

Don1 Scribbler - Standard Member

It should be silent, there are no moving parts. What you are describing sounds like some sort of electrical noise.

9. collindv

As suspected, the ravpower one did not work either. It was closer than the previous one I tried though, it would actually charge for a second, stop, charge for a second, stop, etc.

10. Shutterfly

I bought the white version a few weeks ago and had exactly the same thing happening to it. I shot a video and contacted customer service. They told me the message has been passed to their technical team.
    It's a shame as other wise this is would be a perfect charger for me -- usb-c to charge SA12, and there is another one I can use to charge my iPhone when I am on the go.

Yesterday I received iVoler 75W charger: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ET762XS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    After plugging it in I found it is doing the same thing as RavPower. There gotta be something with SA12 as according to reviews on Amazon both RavPower and IVoler works with MacBook 2015.
    I have already tried 4 different chargers and Targus 45w usb-c charger is the only one that works so far.