Acer Aspire Switch Alpha 12 S

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by sonichedgehog360, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thundergodz

thundergodz Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the 256GB version and whats max performance mode, i have it connected to my charger with all other application turn off even anti-virus(except some acer bloatware) but my steam is on as my pcmark 8 demo is from steam?

On the side note how are the user with the pen finding it. My pen seems to be lagging when i write really quick my t also seem to be missing the right arms and my circles(a,o d, 6, etc) seem to have their circle shrink as the pointer try to keep up to the pen in a loop.I tested this in onenote 2016, it seems to be less obvious in microsoft edge with larger tips but when you pick brushes or pen with smaller tip you can see the lag really obvious. Anyone else find that too?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  2. zeke

zeke Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been wanting to get a stylus for my alpha but am not sure what to get. Do other styluses work with the Alpha or do you have to use the Acer one? I'm new to styluses but know that only certain types work with certain tablets. Has anyone tries other styluses with the alpha and can comment on which one they feel works the best?

3. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Can you explain how the Switch 12 feels better in hand than the SP4?

4. thundergodz

Me too, i have the pen that is suppose to come with the acer aspire switch alpha 12 but its really terrible. It lags so badly on onenote which makes my hand writing look like crap, now i am thinking whether to return the acer if there a no other good pen available to it and get the new asus transformer pro 3. Now just have to wait for the asus us pricing.

Another thing is that i tried the dell active stylus 750-AAGN, the alpha 12 can sense the pen and detect the pointer but it cannot write on the unit. That really sad as that pen was really good when i used it on my dell venue 11 pro 7130(although its spotty some time after long uses, I think that mostly the problem of the 7130 overheating and creating problem with the screen).

5. thundergodz

anyone have experience with wacom smart stylus for 2 in 1? I was wondering if this will work with the switch alpha 12 instead of the acer synaptic pen.

6. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

What kind of lag are you seeing? I dont have any noticeable lag in Onenote when i try but I agree it doesnt write as well as say my SP3, my feeling is its not as precise as the Ntrig pen, maybe because its more slippery on the screen? Works ok enough for me for note taking though but probably not good enough for art I feel.

[​IMG]

7. thundergodz

I find it lag when you have smaller hand writing, you can try using on onenote with the smallest line pages, set it to A4 size and then try writing in the lines with the thinnest tip pen and try not to get out of the line(I forgot to mention that i also remove pressure sensitivity). My pen seem to be wavy and it also have noticeable lag with strokes and loops, making it seems worst than my refurbish dell venue pro 11 7130 with dell active stylus 750-AAGN. For continuous stroke like super cursive writing are a little better than when i try to write normally.

P.S: Using onenote 2016

8. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

No the two pens are incompatible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. thundergodz

Sad was really hoping that there another synaptic pen that can go with the switch alpha 12, i tried the dell active stylus 750-AAGN, it can register the pointer but other than that both buttons and the inking does not work.

10. thundergodz

I see the same effect you have as mine when writing on one note even with your pressure sensitivity on. You can see all the e, a, o the loops are really small. Although your writing is a bit more scribble kind of writing and more cursive, i tend to write more blocky so i can print my work and hand it up as i am a student, don't want my lecturer and ta to not understand what i am writing about haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.