Acer Aspire Switch Alpha 12 S

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by sonichedgehog360, Apr 7, 2016.

1. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Acer has been quietly preparing the release of another Surface clone and news of this Aspire Switch Alpha 12 S has leaked early thanks to RedDot. This new addition to the Switch line features a laptop-class Core i5-6200U processor kept cool and quiet with a new, perhaps fanless or "an absolutely quiet status", advanced liquid cooling system. Also undergirding the device are an array of ports that include a full-sized USB 3.0 port and a USB C port.

Source(s): http://tabletmonkeys.com/acer-aspire-switch-e-10-replace-acer-aspire-switch-10-e-2016-2017/
    http://mspoweruser.com/new-acer-aspire-12-s-hybrid-advanced-liquid-cooling-leaks/

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

You gotta love the title of the second article: "New Acer Aspire 12 S Windows 10 hybrid with advanced liquid cooling leaks." You think the writer gave any thought to the selection of word leaks following the phrase advanced liquid cooling?

jvloyola, JoeS, thatcomicsguy and 2 others like this.
  3. Don1

Don1 Scribbler - Standard Member

This one looks really interesting if it is in fact fanless or super quiet while using an i5 processor. Due out the 21st I hear.

That first link has nothing to do with this device though, that is their other new tablet.

4. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

Fanless and i5 is not possible in that form factor. It's 15W after all!

5. Don1

Only going by what they say and they say it's fanless and uses an I processor...and liquid cooling. I guess we will find out on the 21st if they decide to announce it at their big NY show.

6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Acer has been capable of incredible engineering in the past. In the Timeline 3820TG, Acer designed a great cooling system that ushered in the small, affordable gaming notebook. If they can cool a 15w "U" series CPU in a fanless tablet with liquid cooling, that would be a real design innovation.

7. SF6

"Liquid cooling" probably stands for a simple heatpipe. Nothing special here.

8. Don1

It's very special if it's fanless and uses an i5.

9. SF6

Not gonna happen. You'll see. It's not rocket science. Just take a look at SP4's superb cooling. But even that one still needs a fan.

10. Don1

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    efjay and Bronsky like this.