Acer Aspire R7 with Haswell and Active Digitizer--first impressions and discussion

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Doggie, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tablet guy

tablet guy Pen Pal - Newbie

Will I need a screen protector for my r7? I've had a screen protector on it for a year now, but I just hate how it reduces the quality of the display, Im a designer so I'll be using the pen always, do I need a screen protector? Will it scratch without one?

2. azaniramsan

azaniramsan Pen Pal - Newbie

Got my R7 installed with matte protector to reduce glare. I don't regret it a bit as it also introduces paper-feel like into the screen. Drawing is more comfortable.

The cons are my pen tips degrade faster than without using protector. Also, the nature of matte protector is that it has grainy looks which made the overall screen quality is reduced. Not significant and does not bother me.

So far, I've seen several scratches here and there on the protector so yes pen has the potential to damage your screen and I'm glad to put on protector early.

Just make sure you have spare pens or nibs if you decide to install a mate protector. I'm using this dell xt3 stylus that comes with 2 spare nibs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.