Absolute must-have programs for multi-touch tablets.

Discussion in 'Software' started by duncanish, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duncanish

duncanish Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys,
    I just got an e-mail from laptopauthority.com confirming that I will be receiving my Fujitsu T. 900 on Wednesday via FedEx (woo hoo). Now, as we all do when we get new toys, I'd like to know how to pimp it out. What are some of the best multi-touch specific applications that I can use with the new computer?
    Are there any add-ons for Firefox that I should know? Are there any must-have applications for multi-touch? Which applications support all the cool features or is it a system-level driver mediating all the scroll, pan, and zoom functions? Any suggestions on PDF viewer/annotator? Do all the cool multi-touch gestures apply to Photoshop as well, or do I need to install some extra support?
    On a related note, I know that I have to install a modified driver set to be able to use pressure sensitivity with multi-touch correctly, right?
    Some of the things I expect to be using this tablet for include, but are by no means limited to:
    Digital audio workstation (it would be really cool to use this as Daft punk uses the lemur multi-touch system, obviously won't work as well. But I hope to have some fun in Ableton with manual control.)
    Medical dictation and charting
    Internet browsing
    Some occasional design work in illustrator and Photoshop

I'm welcome to any suggestions here.
    -Thanks

2. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The only real stuff to take true advantage of multitouch right now is the Windows 7 Touch Pack. Otherwise, the Windows Photo Gallery supports multitouch gestures, Microsoft Paint supports painting with multiple fingers at once, and IE, Chrome, and Firefox all support zoom by default. IE & Firefox also both support touch panning by default.

Otherwise, don't expect too much in touch support yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.