About to pull the trigger on the Dell Venue 11 Pro

Discussion in 'Dell' started by SKS Trials, Jul 9, 2014.

1. SKS Trials

SKS Trials Pen Pal - Newbie

I decided that I would go with a Dell Venue 11 Pro, but I just wanted to ask a few questions.

1. I am looking at a "Certified Refurbished" product from Dell, sold by an Ebay seller. Do you have any experiences with the certified refurbished Dell products?

Dell Venue 11 PRO 10 8" Tabletpc Intel Atom Z3770 1920X1080P 64GB SSD WIN8 1 | eBay

It comes with full one year warranty from Dell.

2. I would also need to get a keyboard to go along with my Dell. Which keyboard do you recommend?
    I have heard that there are connection issues with some keyboard products. Is this common?

3. Do you recommend Dell Venue 11 Pro with Z3770?

Thanks!

2. BluedogRon

BluedogRon Pen Pal - Newbie

I was trying to make a deal with a guy on eBay and I went to the Dell outlet site and looked up the refurbed units. I seen what I liked and started a chat session with a guy at Dell to ask what the difference was between two models that I was looking at (which was just Win 8.1 pro instead of Win 8.1) and he asked if I wanted one and knocked $20 off and then gave me another $100 off discount for chat special. I ended up getting a Venue 11 Pro 64GB with Office 2013 for a total of $279.00 shipped. Just start a chat session and see what happens or ask what they can do.

I hope this helps,
    Ron

3. hajalie24

hajalie24 Pen Pal - Newbie

1. I bought mine refurbished from Dell Outlet and it's perfect.

2. The keyboard with the battery in it, makes it feel like a mini netbook. I barely get any connection issues.

3. Yes, unless you have a reason to get the i3 or i5 version. Atom runs well, has great battery life and is pretty thin.

dceggert and Luft like this.
  4. SKS Trials

SKS Trials Pen Pal - Newbie

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/del...1-mobile-keyboard-review-fat-one-battery.html

Thank you for the replies, I am leaning towards the mobile keyboard with the battery.

I was reading this useful thread and the reviewer was complaining about the lack of two finger scrolling on the keyboard trackpad. I am not sure whether it has been fixed. Can anyone update?

And any battery drain, or connection issues to mention?

5. hajalie24

Two finger scrolling works fine, and nowhere in that review does it say that there is a lack of two finger scrolling.

6. zoxxo

zoxxo Pen Pal - Newbie

I just received the keyboard today, can you tell me how I enable two finger scrolling?

7. hajalie24

You place two fingers on the trackpad and move opposite the direction you want to scroll.

8. zoxxo

zoxxo Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, I figured it out five minutes after I asked for help. I just wish there was a way to reverse the scrolldirection, but I guess I'll get use to it...

9. ecoeco

ecoeco Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought an identical model also refurbished and also from eBay.

The issues I have had with it are:
    - the sd card reader does not work. Apparently this is a know issue with this model
    - I bought the keyboard cover with battery from amazon. The battery would not charge beyond 38% and the tablet would not drain it. I sent it back to Amazon. The Dell forums are also full of people with these issues.

Other than these issues it works fine but these are enough for me to recommend not going near it and buying a used surface pro instead.

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

10. zoxxo

zoxxo Pen Pal - Newbie

On the keyboard/battery combo, did you get a replacement? I just purchased the keyboard from B&H and it won't charge past 38%. I like the keyboard, but if I'm going to keep getting bad replacements, then I'll send it back now...