About the new xe700t? (Haswell of ativ smart pc)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by dates90, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dates90

dates90 Pen Pal - Newbie

Why Samsung is not upgraded its ativ smart pc? I really hope that this tablet like xe700t can meet haswell, there are dual-channel memory. In accordance with Samsung's previous habits should not be so slow. . .

2. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It is a bit odd that they haven't announced anything... yet.

I've pretty much given up waiting for a quad atom wacom enabled light tablet :(

PLEEASE Samsung PLEASSSE

3. beckyb

beckyb Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, I wish something would be announced soon. I really want to try either a Bay Trail 500T or Haswell 700T successor.

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Agreed, right now I can still return my as yet undelivered SP2 and go for a two device setup with my trusty and plenty fast x220t and a new Ativ Atom 3rd gen.. C'mon Samsung, don't leave us hanging!

5. Riyu

Riyu Pen Pal - Newbie

Samsung have done some (minor) refreshes of its ATIV line:

The 500t was turned into the ATIV Tab 3 - basically a 500t in the body of the shiny plastic Galaxy Note 10.1. - note that its screen has been shrunken. Still running clover trail.

The 700t was refreshed, and renamed from the ATIV Smart PC Pro to the ATIV Tab 7. The processor went from the i5 3317U to the i5 3337U. Enragingly (as an owner of the older model), I read in a review somewhere that it has 3 USB 3.0 ports, which might suggest they upgraded the keyboard as well, but I can't confirm that from the specs listed on Samsung Australia's website - they only list the ports on the tablet itself.

The Tab 3 was only released in September, so I doubt we'll see a bay trail or Haswell ATIV tablet anytime soon, particularly with the dead silence about the ATIV Q.

6. Daemos

Daemos Pen Pal - Newbie

Samsung must release a baytrail tab! They will definitely use wacom! I hope...

7. Riyu

Riyu Pen Pal - Newbie

My bad, the 500t also survives the refresh as the Tab 5. So Samsung has TWO clover trail devices with wacom.

8. landofvanilla

landofvanilla Pen Pal - Newbie

Meanwhile all they keep working on is Galaxy Note and Tabs.... only rumor out there is a useless 12.2" Galaxy Note.

9. gogolo

gogolo Pen Pal - Newbie

I thought that a deal with apple prevented them from making hires android slates for three years after ipad 3, but why they are shooting in their own foot while others bring the bay trail hires win 8 slates remains a mystery for me.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  10. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

My experience with inking on the Galaxy note 8 makes me think that my next windows device will have to be made by Samsung. However, Asus always comes out with a more aesthetic design albeit with poor SW implementation and support. What I really need like yesterday is a fanless Haswell hybrid detachable in the size of the Ativ 500 with KB dock with battery. IMO the detachable form factor is the best possible implementation for Windows 8/8.1. I prefer also the 11.6" size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.