A Tablet and OneNote - it doesn't get any better!

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by MRL, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

While it is inevitable that MS will release a new version of OneNote, we have no current information that leads us to believe that it is coming anytime soon. The reason for the rebate in this case is marketing to push the capabilities of the Tablet PC further and increase awareness to users.

2. MRL

MRL Forum Moderator

I agree! Microsoft finally has done something right! The rebate obviously coincides with the "return to school" sales. One forum member purchased OneNote for a net of 36 cents! I have been very impressed at how well my handwriting is accurately converted into text. But of course, my handwriting has been compared to that of Thomas Jefferson!

I said earlier that OneNote in and of itself will certainly invigorate tablet sales. I have trying to sell my powerhouse laptop on EBay with little interest - it is now listed for less than half of what I paid for it. Yet tablets, out of warranty, are flying off EBay.

3. Reuben

Reuben Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been experimenting with both OneNote and EverNote and both are good. I'd like to be able to copy inknotes between the two applications..does anyone know how to do that?

4. MRL

MRL Forum Moderator

I downloaded the EverNote freebee. I created an ink note in EverNote. I went into OneNote and used the OneNote screen clip capability to clip the EverNote ink note and paste it into OneNote. I could then write on the clipped image.
    I do not know if EverNote has a screen clip capability to go from OneNote ink note to EverNote.
    I saw that EverNote Plus is 34.95. OneNote is 79.99 delivered from Amazon.com but Microsoft has a $50 rebate through 10/1/05 for a OneNote net of 29.99. For me, with only a brief look at EverNote, no contest - OneNote wins hands down! I am updating to Office 2003 (which includes Outlook 2003) to be able to use the fully integrated features of OneNote and the Office applications.
    I'll take a longer look at EverNote but my experience with third-party organizers and note takers (most recently InfoSelect) has been less than satisfying. For a net of 29.99, OneNote is one great deal. OneNote is my primary interface. I link actual files to OneNote notes so when I click on the link, the application opens with the file - wherever that file happens to be.

5. MRL

MRL Forum Moderator

Another capability I like about OneNote is that a note can be a mixture of ink and text and you can easily convert ink to text or search on ink.
    I hope to play around with EverNote to compare functionality.
    At a net of 29.99 (until 10/1/05), I really believe OneNote is an incredible bargain. The more I use it, the more I wonder how I ever managed without it.
    The free version of EverNote is lacking in many features - they want you to spend the 34.95 for the "Plus" version. Download the 60-day OneNote trial from Microsoft and give it a spin. You will he hooked! Remember $50 OneNote rebate ends 10/1/05. One member, taking advantage of the Amazon $30 credit for opening an Amazon credit card account, got OneNote for a net of 36 cents (allowing for the need of a 37 cent stamp to send in the rebate).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.