A Surface Pro "killer" w/TB3

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by greatg, Nov 20, 2017.

1. greatg

greatg Scribbler - Standard Member

2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Equipped with only mobile processors, the Eve V cannot be considered a Surface Pro killer. But it is a nice compromise for a lower price.

sonichedgehog360 and Gosudesign like this.
  3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The Surface is the Surface killer. Industry insiders say Surface is operating at a break-even or loss. The Surface has always been somewhat of a proof-of-concept, a target for hardware manufacturers to follow. It can be argued that the Surface slowed the decline in PC sales; it definitely spurred production of other high-quality products, like the Eve V.

You can expect OEMs to start manufacturing "Surface Studio killers" and "Surface Book killers" soon enough. I can't believe I'm typing this on a quad-core QHD 15.6" slim-bezel laptop... think where the industry was four years ago - could barely get high-PPI displays, or thin-and-light-AND-powerful devices, and don't even bother trying to get a pen! Surface changed that, in four product generations. I never owned a Surface but I'm very grateful to Microsoft for dragging the mobile PC industry kicking and screaming out of its funk.

surfaceproartist and hiramkey like this.
  4. jhoff80

jhoff80 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

ATIVQ likes this.