A request from our student population...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rob1116, Jul 14, 2006.

?

In what capacity do you use your tablet for note taking?

1. All the time, I find no need for paper-based notes

16 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Quite often, for things like annotation and mathematics

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. Rarely; it's much easier to just use paper for most things

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. Other; please post

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Hey_Flatus

Hey_Flatus Pen Pal - Newbie

Think of this: let's say your running all these applications. And you have a mouse attached to your computer. You move the mouse. If the mouse lags, the pen will lag accordingly. If the mouse doesn't lag, the pen won't lag.

2. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

thanks for the word there, Hey_Flatus

i'm a computer aficionado, of sorts, so i tend to lose track of how many programs i have running in the background. my current laptop is a 3-year old hand-me-down and can't even run WinXP. my desktop is quite powerful, but lately thanks to university i need power on the road. seeing as how i need to draw tons of graphs, flow charts, and jot down pseudocode in my notes, i thought that a tablet would best suit my needs.

btw, does anyone know if OneNote 2007 is better with inking than OneNote 2003? I'm currently using 2003, but don't want to upgrade just to find out myself. my laptop's slow enough as is...

thanks guys

3. afinemetsfan

afinemetsfan Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you guys study from the TabletPC or do you print out your notes and study from the paper?

4. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

i don't have a tablet - yet - but i do study from both my laptop and printed notes. however, i would say that i study more from my hand written notes since they have diagrams that i couldn't put into my typed notes.

with a tablet however, i would probably be studying more from my printed notes since i can include everything from lecture notes

5. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The essence of notes on the tablet though is you can edit, be it pen or typed text, add graphics etc..
    If you do this from printed text you then have the issue of having to amend later.

My rule is, if it doesn't need altering and I require total portability, free from technology, then yes, it get's printed.

6. jadam

jadam Pen Pal - Newbie

I usually leave it in my tablet, unless I need to hand the work in then I just print it up.

7. mazzarin

mazzarin Pen Pal - Newbie

I use OneNote 2007. Its very nice but it still crashes under certain conditions. I wouldn't advise using it until final release. I've lost tons of notes or found them jumbled together when OneNote 07 recovered itself.

But this was OneNote 2007 beta2, I can't remember if the refresh fixed many issues.