A question about the ACER c204 tablet

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by TheMasterplan, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMasterplan

TheMasterplan Pen Pal - Newbie

i'm planning on getting an Acer c204 tablet soon, i was just curious about the hard-disk partitioning, and if the included software has a recovery disk (a one that would reset all your settings -including HDD partitioning - when you try to reinstall windows), a software cds package, or nothing at all?

and whether it's a good idea to upgrade to windows vista (beta 2) right away?

:rolleyes:

2. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

If you really can wait for a new tablet, some Core Duo 12.1" ones should be coming out in a few months - I think there are already some on the market.

I DO NOT suggest you put Vista Beta 2 as soon as you get it. You will find that for many purposes, Vista is slow or non-responsive. Vista has a lot of trouble installing XP compatable software, and there are a lot of third party driver issues.

3. TheMasterplan

TheMasterplan Pen Pal - Newbie

if that is true, i could really use some links!

and i've just read your windows vista review, well, i guess your right, stability is more important to me than any kind of new user interface, but what about the new office beta, is it the same story?!

thanks for helping!

4. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

@TheMasterplan -

There is already at least one 12" Core Duo. What I really meant to say was that I think Core 2 Duo tablets would be coming out after September or so.

Here is the link from our very own TabletPCReviewSpot

Fujitsu Lifebook T4210

On the subject of Office 2007, I find that it is far less buggy than Vista. Probably since its a much smaller program (600mb versus vista at a bulky ~12 gigs)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If I remember correctly, I believe that the Acer allows you to create your own recovery media in case that the partition ever became damaged.

6. jadam

jadam Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes they do!

7. FishPoo

FishPoo Pen Pal - Newbie

It's a pack of 4 recovery CDs, and I just tried, I did not get an option for hard drive partitioning.

By default, it came on 2 paritions, split 50/50 for me.

I switched my hard drive however, and my new hard drive only had one partition on it, and the recovery CDs installed fine on the one partition.

I think if you needed, you could adjust the partitions with windows or partition magic and then proceed to use the recovery CDs... maybe you'll get a menu for partitioning but in my case I did not.

And yes, you can also create your own recovery media.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.