a petition for recall of the hp tx 1000 / tx 2000 series

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kpholsey, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kpholsey

kpholsey Pen Pal - Newbie

2. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

I would like to note that not all HP's are bad, but the TX series has been pretty aweful to their owners.

3. cyberbiker

cyberbiker Scribbler - Standard Member

You would present a more credible argument if you had two petitions: one signed by those who feel the tx1000/2000 are defective and another signed by those who feel their tx1000/2000 series tablets have performed well. Many of us have had no major problems with our tablets and feel they are good laptops.

You might also spell the name Hewlett Packard properly. Addressing you letter to "Heward" Packard will assure it is ignored.

4. jw12345

jw12345 Pen Pal - Newbie

Has your tablet not gotten ridiculously loud doing just web browsing on ac power? I know this isn't just a case of me having a bad unit, the motherboard and heatsink has been replaced twice.

5. cyberbiker

cyberbiker Scribbler - Standard Member

Nope. I've been using Bios F.08 since May 2008. Perhaps they changed their manufacture techniques or used bad temp sealant with some.

There are several of you who seem to be having problems, but there also several, like me, who are not.

6. Bernok

Bernok Scribbler - Standard Member

My name is Bernok. And I support this post. I signed the petition. I own a tx1000z that stopped working a couple of weeks after the warranty expired.

$500 for HP to repair it is outrageous

7. JJeng

JJeng Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried a tx1327cl for a month, wifi card failed constantly, returned to store. Tx2000 cto mobo failed in Nov 08, just a month before warranty ended... got it replaced, but still...

Signed.

8. Carl2000

Carl2000 Pen Pal - Newbie

An HP Case Manager has been dealing with my Tx2000z for over a month now. It usually takes HP about a week for them to repair and have the laptop arrive at your front door. My laptop had a jumping cursor after 3 months of owning it, my power cord gave out after 9 months and now the processor cannot run at optimal speed when powered on battery power. Although, my experience with this product hasn't been perfect, this is by far the best laptop I have ever owned.

9. kanehi

kanehi Scribbler - Standard Member

My tx1000z is around 3 years old and still going strong without problems. My son's tx2500z is about 2 years old and it's also solid. If these tablets are dying en masse then a petition would be in order.

10. Mikan

Mikan Pen Pal - Newbie

I see a lot of these units dead on ebay as well searching for one to buy. I'm really worried about it. My guess is that they may suffer from a similar problem that a few dell models suffered from which is motherboard flex. If you type a lot on the laptop itself it may cause the motherboard to develop cracks, which would account for some that have no problems, because they might not type much or use an external board, and those that have consistent problems. I never use a laptop keyboard anymore since I encountered this problem in mass. I worked for a short time as a computer repair tech at a small store, and they had an entire stack of dead units of one type of dell. Some systems just have flaws, and the makers should own up to it if they have a larger than normal failure rate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.