A little confused on HP's lineup

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by emanshiu, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emanshiu

emanshiu Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm leaning towards the HP 2500 but upon research, I found that theres a tx2635us. tx 2010us,tx2z and the 2510us.They all look pretty much the same with some differences on price tag. Can anyone shed some light?

2. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

The TX2010us is the oldest of the bunch there: it'll have older spec processors with a much weaker graphics chip.

The TX2510us will come with processors from a more recent line of AMD's (a 2.0GHz, I think), plus an ATI HD3200 integrated graphics chip, which is more powereful than the TX2010's.

The TX2635us is along the same lines as the TX2510us, but comes with a 2.2GHz processor, 4GB RAM instead of 3, and a 320GB hard drive instead of a 250GB.

The TX2Z will probably be similar in hardware to the TX2500/2600 models, so compare those individually. The big difference is that the TX2Z is capable of multitouch, so the finger touch screen can take inputs from two fingers at the same time. It's pretty pointless/gimmicky at the moment because not much can use it, but the next version of Windows is scheduled to be multi-touch capable, and it'll probably take off from there.

3. emanshiu

thx for shedding some light on this!

4. Seb656

Seb656 Fujitsu T2010 User

You should try filling out the form that is posted in a sticky in the "What Tablet PC Should I Buy?" section. There might actually be a better Tablet for you.

5. emanshiu

I already did that, for the proce that I'm willing to pay this seems to eb the best deal. for under a grand this is a pretty good deal!

6. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Just make sure you compare the individual machines before you buy. The main differences will be the processor, hard drive size and amount of RAM, but there may be little things like BlueTooth to bear in mind.

But yeah, unless you've a specific reason to go for it I'd forget about the TX2010. It's older tech than the others

7. pff1029

pff1029 Scribbler - Standard Member

If you want a little bit of everything, and you don't consider 64-bit Vista a necessity, the tx2510us is an insane deal online. It has a 2.1GHz processor that actually sucks up less power than the 2.2GHz and 2.4GHz options, 3GB of RAM and a 250GB HDD, as well as draft-n wireless and Bluetooth. There are bigger hard drives and faster processors, but this is the best balance of features and price I've ever seen in a tablet.

8. emanshiu

my thoughts exactly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.