A laugh for the lawyers

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by yodamiked, Feb 10, 2021.

1. yodamiked

yodamiked Do or do not. There is no try.

My sister shared this with me and I figured my fellow attorneys on here (and maybe everyone else) would get a kick out of it. Technology gets us all at one time or another.

sonichedgehog360, JoeS and dellaster like this.
  2. dellaster

dellaster Non-Creative Plebe Senior Member

Thanks for the laugh first thing in the morning! This Zoom filter oops looks like it’s going viral. Here’s the Houston Chronicle article:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/li...om-not-a-cat-filter-mishap-court-15937082.php

This 394th court district is in west Texas, a bit southwest of our own @dstrauss. BTW, it was the judge who Tweeted it.

nnthemperor and yodamiked like this.
  3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Yes - the cat lawyer is Rod Ponton, Presidio County Attorney (that's Big Bend territory Ted). And yes, it is more than viral having made NBC and FoxNews last night...

Wonder when we'll see it on America's Funniest Videos...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    yodamiked likes this.
  4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I think I first saw it on Engadget or The Verge, and of course immediately forwarded it. It's the perfect juxtaposition of serious and funny oops. Love it :D

dstrauss likes this.
  5. dstrauss

But from a business users perspective, it is so damn frustrating that this kind of crap (like emojis, stickers, and selfies) all pander to the juvenile (mentality) side of the market.

Kumabjorn and JoeS like this.
  6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Agreed. Case in point, Signal has a 'sticker' icon in the text input line that users cannot disable. It takes up like 15% of the text input area, so predictably I hit it pretty frequently by accident. Please Signal, you're supposed to be one of the good guys.

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The video is hysterical. The expressions on the cat's face are priceless.

As a litigator, I love the changes that zoom has ushered in. I will likely never have to attend a management conference in person again. It's great for mediation as well. But, as we see, it comes with a new set of problems.

8. dstrauss

Scheduling conferences, the bane of our existence, are now history. Still, I don't like the real world results. A summary judgment or discovery hearing becomes a nightmare.

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I draw the line on arguing motions or holding a hearing via zoom. I've had to do those things during the pandemic but they must go back to "normal". I couldn't imagine conducting a trial via zoom. But, in large part, it is here to stay.

dellaster likes this.
  10. dellaster

dellaster Non-Creative Plebe Senior Member

At least as an option. After a video doctor appointment the other day, they set me up for my next one in November with options: phone, video, or in person (they’re optimistic). It used to be 100% in person for medical checkups, unthinkable that it could be done via voice or video.

B11E3EA6-3ED2-4573-B9CC-AE6815D95803.jpeg

Me, I like the video option instead of being poked and prodded in uncomfortable places just ‘cause that’s the expected way of things. Now if only they could invent a method of doing blood tests or giving injections remotely.

BTW, I am not a cat.

Bronsky likes this.