A filing system-application

Discussion in 'Software' started by pigeontongue, Dec 30, 2016.

1. pigeontongue

pigeontongue Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone who knows any simple document filing system, or maybe even document management system, I'd like to use my Synology to file my private paper records.

Basically all I would like is to be able to tag each file with a number of key words and then search for the files using the key words. Don't need version control or anything the like. Any suggestions of could work?

2. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Coming at it from a different angle, I've always liked the Nuance PaperPort file management software that often comes with Visioneer scanners, and which I believe does what you want. Unfortunately, purchased on its own, PaperPort can be expensive. However, when acquired along with a Visioneer scanner, a nice deal.

There is a super deal on such a package right now thru frys.com, for the Visioneer RoadWarrior Lite portable scanner (which works well, from my experience and ownership, for simple desktop or travel scanning) plus PaperPort and other software, at a whoppingly low $17.49. The hitch, though: it's not available online right now but only at Fry's Electronics stores (although it can be ordered online for store pickup). If there's not a store near you, you could also try Amazon.com and look at the like-new marketplace sellers.

http://www.frys.com/product/8324597?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

WillAdams likes this.
  3. pigeontongue

pigeontongue Pen Pal - Newbie

TY for your suggestion. I visited amazon.com and it seems to be a reliable provider. Its a little bit expensive than ETQ, but overall it is one of the best offers. Thanks again!