A couple problems with the Tx2500z.

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by GeneAmada, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeneAmada

GeneAmada Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everyone.

I just got my new Tx2500z shipped to me today, and I'm experiencing a couple minor problems that I'd like to sort out. :]

First off, The the display is swiveled and closed (put into what I like to call "tablet mode"), it seems like my wireless adapter (Broadcom 4322AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter) disconnects from my network and refuses to reconnect (Stating that it cannot receive any signal from the router) until I bring it back into "Laptop mode."

Secondly, when running music or games with sound, it tends to run a little choppily.

Both are completely up to date driver-wise.

Is there anything I can do to fix these things? :[

Thanks in advance!

Kyle

2. newooub

newooub Pen Pal - Newbie

For the music problem, try turning off a band from device manager. It seems to work for many people, though not for me... mine is still a bit choppy even after turning the a band.

3. GeneAmada

I'm not quite sure how to go about doing that. Think you could help me out? :x

4. newooub

newooub Pen Pal - Newbie

Start>Control Panel>classic view>Device Manager>Network adapters>Broadcom Wi-Fi adapter>Advance>Disable Bands>Disable 802.11a

5. Cadaeic

Cadaeic Scribbler - Standard Member

When you're in tablet mode, look down and verify that you Wireless switch didn't get turned off (it should be glowing blue).

Also, what does Network and Sharing Center say about your wireless (Start>Begin typing in "Network and Sharing Center")?

6. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The WLAN antennas are in your display.
    In laptop mode they are good placed but in tablet mode they are suboptimal placed. This problem has almost every tablet that the signal strength gets reduced if you put it in tablet mode.

You can use the free NetStumbler which shows you how strong the signals are your card receives. Maybe you can put the routers WLAN-antenna in a better position or change the used channel of your router to improve the signal strength.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. RaidenWoW

RaidenWoW Pen Pal - Newbie

also if possible, install DD-WRT on your router and boost signal to 251 megawatts

8. Cadaeic

Cadaeic Scribbler - Standard Member

I prefer 1.21 gigawatts ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. GeneAmada

I'll try all these things when I get back from my vacation.

Thank you, everyone! :D

10. KBC88

KBC88 Pen Pal - Newbie

Gonna rebump this post so I don't have to make a new one and because I just got my tablet with the same wireless problem. I had talked to online tech support for hours to no avail. It concluded to having them send in a case so they could do a mail-in repair, but im hesitant. If the problem lies with the antennas (which is what I had concluded) then is it worth it to turn in my laptop for about a week to see if it will really do anything? BTW, the problem does lie the second I "click" the screen into tablet mode, my WLAN card cannot detect my current router access point any more.

Regards,
    K