a couple problems with my R1F

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Loaf., Nov 25, 2006.

1. Loaf.

Loaf. Scribbler - Standard Member

So I've finally got my tablet and set it all up and for my first tablet it's really been everything that I hoped it would be. However a couple of problems have come up other than the audio static, one of which seems to be a similar problem that I had on my z70va.

The first problem is that the right side panel of the fingerprint reader has fallen off and after further inspection it looks like it barely had any adhesive on it to make it stick. Is it possible for me to glue it back on with normal glue?

The second problem is with the touchpad. Is anyone else having problems with their touchpad? Mine just doesnt work very well and frequently seems to catch some sort of invisible edge and spazzes out. I've tried changing all the settings for it but it still doesnt work well. Its pretty annoying, even though I usually use the stylus for navigating.

The final problem seems to be similar to a problem my z70va was experiencing in that if I use anything or do anything before all the drivers and stuff finish loading after I login, my function keys and quick launch buttons won't work. For the tablet, this seems to also affect screen rotation in that if I rotate the screen into tablet mode, the screen perspective doesn't rotate and I have to manually go to screen properties and rotate the perspective myself.

2. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sorry, what's the problem? Not much will work on any system if you don't give the system a chance to load the drivers. To solve the 'problem' trying waiting a few more seconds until the drivers get loaded.

3. deepak

deepak Scribbler - Standard Member

first answer :- yes my fingerprint reader's right plastic came off too. bad adhesive. I called asus, they first said RMA it. i thought forget it. Then when it became bad, i called again, the guy took my phone no and tlod me he'd call me back. no reply yet. I have been thinking too whether or not i should put glue, but i don't want it to void my warranty.

second :- sorry i haven't had any problem with my touchpad yet.

thirdly:- I also sometimes have issues like yours with the stuff that you mentioned. and i think i somewhat agree with alphaswift. But not totally. after all why does it happen only sometimes, why not everytime, if it were the drivers not getting loaded fast enough. and afterall aren't some of the crucial things such as screen rotation, use of pen and tablet mode buttons supposed to work on a tablet even before loging in, how else would you properly use ur tablet in tablet mode? i am still thinking over how it can be fixed. will let you know if i figure it out.

4. macuis

macuis Pen Pal - Newbie

1: The adhesive on my R1F was also bad, but it's still hanging in there.

2: My touchpad seems to work fine. I find that if my fingers are slightly sweaty however, the pad doesn't seem to work too well.

3: This also happens to me when I open it up in tablet mode, or when logging in. I simply wait until it is done.

5. saranya

saranya Pen Pal - Newbie

1. haha..this is funny, mine is loose also. it's still hanging on...probably because I don't use it (software not compatible with vista)

2. touchpad is ok...although the "scrolling" function when you use the right and bottom edges works off and on which is annoying

3. i just wait for it to load since the program that controls them is not started as a service. if you look at your "process" in task manager...it's the "hcontrol.exe" no way around it really. although I found that the rotate button does require you have not just the graphic driver but the intel graphic software installed to work properly.

even with all it's quirks...still love the thing. i'm just glad it's got a 2 year warranty though, haha

6. Loaf.

heh i think i found another bug or something. with windows media player open, playing, and selected if I turn the screen to switch from notebook to tablet or vice versa it seems to fast forward through whatever i'm watching. it's really weird.

7. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Heck Loaf..... That is one hell of a weird anomaly.
    I'm trying to get my head around how doing this could make the software behave in such a manner.

8. jdwilson

jdwilson Scribbler - Standard Member

I too am having irregular problems with screen rotation. Sometimes it won't rotate when I switch between slate/notebook, other times the button doesn't work. Manual control via properties always works.

9. Loaf.

get the most up to date graphics drivers from intel, this has fixed the problems so far.

10. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes but did it fix the bug you found earlier I want to know :)