A couple LG phones support Wacom AES..

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by artistebot, Apr 11, 2021.

1. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

I just got an LG Velvet w Dual Screen, and both screens work great w the Wacom Bamboo ink. Screen spanning like shown (Wide Mode) is a bit touchy as it is not officially supported but does work. Using the screens as official support works fine. The LG V60 also supports AES.

Yeh I know they are exiting the Mobile phone space...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. desertlap

desertlap Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Yes, it's across multiple models. The mystery to me is that most people find out about this by posts like this.

You'd think they could have done so much more to promote what is a solid feature and somewhat unique as at least an alternative (and lower cost) to Samsung's Note.

artistebot likes this.
  3. artistebot

This is why LG failed, they told nobody about the features. There might have been some internal confusion though, as they did have the "stylo" phones, and I could imagine LG bean counters and producers being ignorant of how terrible that implementation was.

Samsung already had their Note 10.1 tablet out for almost 4 years BEFORE the first iPad Pro w Pencil. BECAUSE Apple heavily marketed the Pencil+IPP towards the content creators it became "the" choice for artists.

Some "sheeple" might say that what held the Samsung tablet/S-pen back was lack of a good art application options. They did not realize they also bought into Apple's marketing in that regard too. There were/are good art apps on Android and saying that Android art became "legit" because Clip Studio was finally on Android is simply based on confirmation bias.

Other than the LG V60, Velvet, and Samsung, I wonder what other phones out support Wacom AES or EMR?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    Tams and dellaster like this.
  4. dellaster

dellaster Creatively Talentless Senior Member

Seriously. They failed due to self-inflicted wounds. :confused:

Tams and artistebot like this.
  5. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah, the Stylo range won't have helped (it was a pretty decent stylus for what it was).

There is also a Motorola model out there that supports MPP and they did include that in the spec list (not that most news outlets/reviewers even noticed).

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  6. artistebot