9901 Leak

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by jhoff80, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

JoeS likes this.
  2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

One odd thing: When you click the menu icon in the top left and select settings, they appear on the right side of the app. That's kind of inconvenient. Not sure how to resolve that, they seem stuck having those panes on the right because of the edge swipe gestures.

3. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The thing that drives me craziest about it is the complete removal of the settings charm. It means no quick access to brightness, volume, wifi, and notifications (disabling) for touch.

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Boy I hope that removal is not permanent. It's such a great feature, especially the fact that you can just swipe up on the brightness and volume icons. Given that WP8.1 has an edge swipe to quickly get to settings though, I'm hopeful that Win10 will have something similar.

5. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You know, I never liked the right swipe-in Charms bar initially. But once I got used to it, I truly appreciate it and think that getting rid of it (rather than improving it) would be a crippling move.

And definitely keep a full Cortana in--have wanted this in an OS ever since Siri went mainstream. Voice control for my computer and OS? Sets Windows way ahead of other OS's. :) (Now, if only a HAL voice were possible . . . .)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.