9879 Released

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by jhoff80, Nov 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

One of the few other comments about this that I've seen that actually makes sense is that with unlimited Onedrive (with Office accounts that is), that the placeholder files can quickly get large enough to fill a drive too.

Honestly though, what I think is most telling is that they're trying to combine the Onedrive and Onedrive for Business sync engines and the latter doesn't support this function. I'm guessing most of all they ran into technical issues trying to keep the feature. If that's the case, they should have said THAT and not that "it was hard for people to understand".

2. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Exactly.

3. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I'm pretty sure that signing into the Windows 10 build with my MS account is messing with a couple things in my Windows 8 install. Like some settings are being synced over that are breaking a couple things. I've noticed since installing 9879, I can't get the "English Personalization" update to install on my Windows 8.1 install. It always gives an error of "6B2". I'd chalk that up as a coincidence, but now also I noticed if I try to run "Add Features to Windows 8.1", it gives me an error about the Immersive Control Panel (which as far as I know, doesn't even have a section for adding features in Windows 8.1; I believe that's new to Windows 10 there).