8.1 Graphics driver fix Asus Vivotab Smart ME400C (until MS update figures it out)

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Scott123, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Radyoactive

Radyoactive Pen Pal - Newbie

I had the same thing happen so I went to the widows update settings and changed it to check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them.

It has not updated the driver to 1168 since.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2. remedu

remedu Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all.
    They have publisher new driver (1177) on Windows Update for Intel Graphics today (21.11). For me they have fixed all My issue.

3. Pcbmann

Pcbmann Pen Pal - Newbie

I did the same downgrade to 1117 driver to solve my video issues. Yesterday, 11-20-2013 my ME400C updated it's BIOS to 601. I couldn't find any info on it any where but seemed to have no effect. This morning first thing windows updated the video driver to 1177. I let it do it knowing I could always get back if I wanted.
    So far so good, no hangs, no lags, no missing displays.
    Lets hope they got this resolved.

4. Nthknd

Nthknd Pen Pal - Newbie

I also got the BIOS update and my video drivers seem to work now .

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

5. PedrooNL

PedrooNL Pen Pal - Newbie

I get lots of crashes with 1177. I have the latest bios.

Back to 1130, then no problem.

6. Pcbmann

Pcbmann Pen Pal - Newbie

What is the BIOS number yours is running. Mine updated to 0601 dated 10-29-2013 just before the video driver was installed. It is also an ME400C, I suspect there are different issues with each version. Mine is still rock solid.

7. Nthknd

Nthknd Pen Pal - Newbie

Not at my computer to look but this BIOS update just came out this week. That what appears to have fixed the graphic driver issue.

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

8. brittonc

brittonc Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I've had exactly the same issues and went back to driver 1117. Now updated to 1177 and everything seems OK so far except I still can't get the HDMI output to work. Every time I change display to clone/expand via the Intel Graphics Control Panel I get an 'IntelInvokePanel has stopped working' error. When plugging the HDMI cable in I get an audible confirmation from Windows but that's it. Has anyone got the HDMI output working?

Thanks,

Carl

9. Pcbmann

Pcbmann Pen Pal - Newbie

Just able to check the HDMI Output. Works as expected. No issues with BIOS 0601 and the 1177 driver on ME400C. I will say this, and this is nothing to do with the video driver. When I bought this new I had nothing but issues with it, nothing worked correctly, nothing. Someplace I read to do a complete factory restore which would take hours, it did. It took about 4 hours for it to do a factory restore and then do the ASUS live updates until it was done. Do not mess with it, walk away and let it work. My tablet was not stable for 2 days until all the ASUS updates and windows updated finished. This Video issue has been the first issue that is causing havoc on the ME400c again. I'm in the lucky bunch right now that 1177 has resolved my problems. I fear that this driver has not resolved everyone's issues and Intel will continue make corrections. Where ever you are in the update path, if you have a working system, SAVE that driver.

10. demonknight9

demonknight9 Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone have any issues with the built in microphone? If the answer is no can you please let me know what are the audio drivers versions you are running? I managed to fix the low volume problem and now have a brilliant sound coming out of those tiny speakers but the microphone has gone quiet...

Thanks in advance