8.1 Graphics driver fix Asus Vivotab Smart ME400C (until MS update figures it out)

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Scott123, Oct 19, 2013.

1. flashgeist

flashgeist Pen Pal - Newbie

Have you tested any of them? Which one?

2. PedrooNL

PedrooNL Pen Pal - Newbie

1160 from post #30 works just fine. (So far).

3. edwpang

edwpang Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same issue as you, though I got a green screen, a start button and nothing else. But I was able to revert to latest driver(1168) by launching explorer->device manager by pressing "windows key+R" to bring up the "Run dialog". So now I am still stuck with the wakeup graphics crash issue.

I am wondering how the issue can escape from multiple levels of QAs: INTEL, MS, and OEMs. It has been so long and not having any fix being such a widespread issue. It looks like every ATOM tablet has this issue.

Edit: it turns out I was not using the correct driver. I installed the graphics driver(1099) from ME400C_DriverPackage_1.00_Customer.rar which my model(wifi only). I should have use the graphics driver(1117) from ME400CL_DriverPackage_V200_Customer.rar which is for LTE model. After installing graphics driver from this package the blank screen is gone and wake up crash is also gone!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  4. Sancho

Sancho Pen Pal - Newbie

I followed all the steps in the instructions. I deleted the Graphics media accelerator and selected to delete the driver files. I also disabled the auto driver update but for some reason Windows still keeps updating the 1117 driver back to 1168. Is anyone else having this problem? Are there any other settings I need to change or files I need to delete to stop the driver from updating itself automatically? After the driver updated itself I did the "rollback driver" thing but after a day it went back to 1168 again. I then redid everything from scratch and it still updated itself again today.

5. PedrooNL

PedrooNL Pen Pal - Newbie

After a while 1160 turns out as problematic as 1168. 1158 and 1156 don't install. So it's back to 1130, which runs fine.

6. Nthknd

Nthknd Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes I had to go to windows update itself and change it from automatic update to ask me first... Its in the update section I believe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

7. Saeglopur

Saeglopur Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys!
    Thanks to you I finally don't have glitches and problems with unlocking my tab but new problem appeared - tablet seems not to always recognize external monitor. It's connected with microHDMI like always but now it works only from time to time and for only minutes. When I want to force extended view with Intel Graphic Control Panel I always get "intel invoke panel has stopped working" and notification after the app is shut off :/ Maybe you have any idea what could be wrong?

8. carphead

carphead Pen Pal - Newbie

I found I had to change automatic updates to the let me select updates option. This let me disable the driver update I think setting Windows Update to automatic has then ignored the update.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

9. Radyoactive

Radyoactive Pen Pal - Newbie

I signed up to thank you for the driver and instructions.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. yeterp

yeterp Pen Pal - Newbie

I have had the same issue as Sancho. I followed all the instructions, reverted to 1117, but Windows updates back to 1168 with all its problems. Help, please!