[700T] Updated to Windows 10 and my touchscreen stopped working.

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by fossy, Oct 19, 2015.

1. fossy

fossy Pen Pal - Newbie

What's really odd about this issue is that touch works fine when first starting up the machine on the login screen. I can swipe, type in my password, hit enter, etc. It's only when I log in to my account that it stops responding totally. When I boot into BIOS mode, touch works 100% fine there too - so it's not a hardware issue at the very least. Also, pen is working just fine as well, it's just touch that no longer works.

I've gone into Device Manager and checked that the HID-compliant touch screen is enabled. I've tried disabling and enabling. I've tried updating its drivers - Windows says that it's up to date. I've tried uninstalling them totally. No dice. I've also reset the calibration for pen/touch input, nada.

I'm otherwise fairly pleased with the Windows 10 upgrade, as it comes with a long-awaited graphics driver update that fixes brightness sliding. And I also quite like the new UIs/styling, and a new ClearType rendering of Arial that's very slick for a typography fan like myself. The touch thing is a pretty big bummer, but not a personal dealbreaker, as the pen still works and I use a Bluetooth mouse/keyboard 90% of the time. I'd still really appreciate any help or thoughts!

2. T-Bone

T-Bone Pen Pal - Newbie

Same here. Touch properties only work in login screed and it is not working in desktop. I tried everything (upgrading drivers, disable/enable touch etc) and nothing worked. And when I upgraded graphics drivers, brightness control stopped working. Pen is working great and I just love Windows 10. I am hoping there is a simple cure for this problem.

3. fossy

fossy Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, it's good to confirm that someone else has this issue, I guess, and it's not just me :) My guess is that Samsung needs to send out an update to their touch drivers. It might be worth trying one of their customer support lines to make sure they're aware of the issue.

Regarding brightness settings not working: Go into Samsung Update - you should have two patches called "Win10 Brightness Control Patch 0.1" and "Change for ALS Settings". After installing those pieces of software, my brightness controls started working 100% for me.

4. T-Bone

T-Bone Pen Pal - Newbie

it looks like this is not a common problem....

5. midi

midi Pen Pal - Newbie

Everything is working for me on windows 10, try reinstalling it from scratch, and i advise you to install win 8.1 (check which flavor you got, for me it was Pro) then install the GPS and NFC driver before upgrading, then you can upgrade and run Samsung Software Updates first. This way you will get GNSS working on win10. Amd hopefully touch should also work.

6. Necessary

Necessary Pen Pal - Newbie

Your experience is much better than mine,at least you can access your computer , but i can't access my computer with login password after i updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 ,
    Maybe i need to reset login password
    https://www.recoverywindowspassword.com/reset-forgotten-windows-10-login-password.html

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017 at 10:09 PM
  7. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

You could see if one of these will help you reset your password http://windowsreport.com/recover-windows-10-password/ .

Windows 10 has a utility that creates a password recover disk, not that that is useful in your current situation, but maybe useful once you get it back under control.

Edit: Too slow, I just read your other post and you have already managed to do a reset.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017 at 8:45 PM