[700T] ATIV Smart PC Pro Recovery Image Download Link

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by peterf, Jun 13, 2013.

1. peterf

peterf Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi guys,

Here is a ZIP file containing the recovery image for the ATIV Smart PC Pro XE700T1C-A01US

All you need to do is extract it to a FAT32 flash drive and the computer will be able to boot it (volume down+power)

You can use the built in recovery drive creation tool (search "Create a recovery drive" in start screen settings) to create a recovery drive including the recovery image. Once you do that, Windows offers to remove the recovery partition (which frees up 10GB space). This is very valuable on the 128GB drive the unit comes with. I replaced the drive with a 256GB drive but still wanted that 10GB.

Anyways after creating the recovery disk I just zipped up its contents and uploaded them just in case someone deleted the recovery partition without backing it up first.

700T Recovery.zip (4.53 GB)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!0FYGCA5T!YoITKE30U5l-O0UQGnJIslhx1f4uYiAKFbqnrB1FcbA

mrumble likes this.
  2. tabletartist4d

tabletartist4d Scribbler - Standard Member

Awesome thanks a ton! I really hope this helps me get access back to the samsung apps like s-note. I delete my recovery partition and after a reinstall of windows it hasnt been the same. Will let you know and give you a rep once i get it tested.

3. tabletartist4d

tabletartist4d Scribbler - Standard Member

no dice, I tried everything. unzipped to external but it only boys into repair mode won't install or restore. any suggestions? could I somehow extract the system files and trick my current install into thinking it's stock?

4. vinceemmery

vinceemmery Pen Pal - Newbie

hi i reset my ativ (64gb) i waas running windows 8 pro 32bit activated ,when i purchased the ativ someone it had no recovery partiotion so i used your image thanks , but now my version is windows 8 core 64bit and not activated when i tr to upgrade to pro version it accepts the product key but still shows not activated and still standard windows 8 any help guys wouid really help please

5. Unbr8kbal

Unbr8kbal Pen Pal - Newbie

Don't know if you figured it out, but i'm fairly sure that the activation key is tied into the bios...

DO NOT DO THIS WITHOUT RESEARCH:
    But what i think you'll have to do is try turn of efi(secure boot) in the bios activate it with a 64bit key, then find a away of turning efi(secure boot) back on.

6. jakemerrell

jakemerrell Pen Pal - Newbie

@peterf I would like to know how difficult it was for you to replace the HD on your 700T. I would like to upgrade the HD but if someone can give me guidance that would be even better.

7. phanzal

phanzal Pen Pal - Newbie

Can you please upload it again? It always stops downloading at 31%. I tried about 5 times and still the same...

8. Jamie-B

Jamie-B Scribbler - Standard Member

Phanzal, use a download manager to remain connected to direct download services for long periods - they allow you to pause/resume your download at any time and they stop you dropping out irreversibly during long downloads (but also specify in your power settings that your computer shouldn't fall asleep when left idle). The other day, I successfully downloaded a 10GB software patch by pasting the Megaupload URL into JDownloader, then telling JDownloader to download from the link. You'd first have to allow JDownloader to start up and grab all the update files it needs to co-operate with Megaupload, then restart JDownloader, before you can get it to find the download properly, however.

9. phanzal

phanzal Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, I'll try it.

10. Wesaboo

Wesaboo Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey there, I'm currently having trouble with getting my ativ to boot from the USB drive after putting all the files in it, I made sure it was formatted as FAT32. When I held the volume down button and turned it on, it seemed to work fine but apparently it goes into the default recovery screen, I tried restoring from the USB drive and it didn't work :\. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks :)