7-Inch Covertible Windows Laptop With Intel Core i7 Processor Now Taking Orders!

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by greatg, Apr 16, 2019.

1. greatg

greatg Scribbler - Standard Member

paprikaleapt and JoeS like this.
  2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

That's intriguing - but I've been burned on imports before so I think I'll wait and see what develops...

soh5 likes this.
  3. paprikaleapt

paprikaleapt Scribbler - Standard Member

4. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

It's OK - I would put it on par with N-trig Gen 2, just compared to my Surface Go it's not as enjoyable to ink on it, I still do it and the much power in a small 7" is really amazing. My current setup is I use my Mix 2S Yoga attached to the mobile 4K monitor with an external keyboard and mouse and use my Surface Go next to it for markups and OneNote...

The price is really high though for the new i7 version....you are paying twice as much over the i3 version for a net of ~11% performance boost and it is still hamstrung by the Intel 615 GMA

paprikaleapt, Bronsky and Marty like this.
  5. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

BTW - if you really want the i7 you can use this coupon to get $300 off - NDZGJHRU (works at GeekBuying)

paprikaleapt likes this.
  6. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Its not worth the price bump for the i7. Its not really a real i7 anyway, its a Core i7-8500Y which is just a rebranding of the m5 & m7 Core M tiers integrated into the same Core i5/i7 marketing pitch. I doubt there would be much of a performance bump from the m3 option since its still at its core a Core M.